Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

skin tags. what causes them and how do i get rid?

(9 Posts)
Mamazon Thu 09-Jul-09 15:22:48

i seem to have grown about 5 recently. all on my inner thigh near my fanjo.

they dont cause any problems just just annoy me cos i know they are there.

are they caused by anything particular do you think? and how do you get rid of them? or should i not bother

Mammina Thu 09-Jul-09 15:25:07

are you pregnant? no idea why but a lot of people get them in pregnancy

bloss Thu 09-Jul-09 15:31:32

Message withdrawn

flowerybeanbag Thu 09-Jul-09 15:33:27

My brother had one when he was little, on his neck. A bit of black string was tied round it for a while and it fell off.

sobloodystupid Thu 09-Jul-09 15:44:28

if they have a "stalk" then they are easily dealt with by the string method! If they don't have a stalk, you can get them frozen off at your GPs, only takes a minute...

suwoo Thu 09-Jul-09 15:47:02

I have loads of the feckers. Get them on my neck and two have recently fallen off- with a bit of assistance.

I have about 5 under each boob, whats that all about? I didn't realise that there was a link with pregnancy. I am pregnant but have always had them anyway.

My mum and my nan have them too. Is it something that certain people are pre-disposed to I wonder? I am fair with lots of freckles.

Mamazon Thu 09-Jul-09 19:44:02

no im not pregnant. or at least i dont think i am hmm

does freezing hurt. i dont like pain much

rupertsabear Thu 09-Jul-09 19:46:09

I just pull mine off myself before they get too big. DH had one chopped off by a derm the other day (didn't hurt much, he said, and he's a chicken about pain).

sobloodystupid Thu 09-Jul-09 21:33:21

I quite liked the sensation of freezing, Mamazon but then I like waxing too! [grin}

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now