Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I have a large lump inside my vagina and I'm soooo worried........

(12 Posts)
scaredandworried Thu 09-Jul-09 14:54:28

I first found it about 2 years ago and since then has been steadily growing in size. It started off pea sized and is now grape sized.
It's not painful at all. I'm embarrassed about going to my GP. Should I be worried?

me23 Thu 09-Jul-09 14:59:02

Do not be embarrassed gps have seen it all before. It is important to get any lumps investigated. It is most likely to be harmless but it may be something that needs treating so please make that appointment.
Where abouts it it? is it deep inside vagina or near labia?

BoysAreLikeDogs Thu 09-Jul-09 14:59:45

please go to your GP

don't die of embarasssment

scaredandworried Thu 09-Jul-09 15:01:54

Its sort of within the labia minora(?). Its not on the skins surface like a spot would be but within the tissue iykwim.

louii Thu 09-Jul-09 15:04:15

there are lots of sweat glands etc in that area, so possibly one of them has got blocked but please go to GP.

BoysAreLikeDogs Thu 09-Jul-09 15:05:28

Might well be a bartholins cyst

VinegarTits Thu 09-Jul-09 15:07:01

It may just be a gland, get it checked out, ask to see the nurse at your surgey if you feel more comfortable seeing a woman

sleepwhenidie Thu 09-Jul-09 15:09:59

yep, sounds like a bartholins cyst, esp if it kind of moves around rather than being a fixed lump IYSWIM - they can exist for ages and not be a problem at all, only gets a bit nasty if they get infected. They can be removed but I can't imagine it will be a pleasant experience (def not life threatening though so look on the bright side hmmsmile)

me23 Thu 09-Jul-09 15:10:50

I was thinking cyst too. But we haven't seen it so it could be anything please go to gp! will you?

sleepwhenidie Thu 09-Jul-09 15:13:37

yes, sorry - should have mentioned that I am by no means a health professional, definitely get it checked, but don't panic about it as cyst sounds highly likely and they will have seen loads more horrible/embarassing things than this!

scaredandworried Thu 09-Jul-09 15:14:14

Thanks for the link BoysAre, it does sound familiar.
Sleepwhenidie - yes it isn't fixed and moves around.
Oh god it makes me cringe just thinking about having it removed sad

BoysAreLikeDogs Thu 09-Jul-09 15:19:15

They only remove them if they become problematic - get it checked

I'll bet you've not had a smear test for ages either?

Two birds and one stone, yes?

We'll hold your hand

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now