Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help / remedies for indigestion? And no, I'm not pg . .

(7 Posts)
FromGirders Thu 09-Jul-09 09:44:55

Does anyone have any sure-fire remedies for indigestion of the trapped wind kind? I keep waking up at around 3 or 4 in the morning with such pain from trapped wind that I can't sleep. I sit there burping for hours blush and it takes at least a couple of hours to pass, so I end up with very little sleep. Have tried Rennies / boots wind-eze tablets, but it really doesn't help. Ginger and lemon tea drunk really hot helps a bit, but it still keeps me up for hours - I'm soooo tired today!
Any suggestions appreciated . .

FromGirders Thu 09-Jul-09 12:20:12

anyone? please . . . ?

FromGirders Thu 09-Jul-09 20:36:08

Bumping for the helpful evening crew . . .

imaynotbeperfectbutimokmummy Thu 09-Jul-09 21:35:59

gaviscon as it could be acid reflux, however i would recommend going to see your doctor as my gallstones manifested themselves by horrible pain in the middle of the night and bad burping!

FromGirders Thu 09-Jul-09 21:48:44

Eek! I think I'd rather blame the cauliflower!

jalopy Thu 09-Jul-09 22:11:55

You should stop eating 3 hours before bedtime. Avoid tea and coffee late in the evening. Foods like tomatoes are very acidic and can make the indigestion worse so look at your diet carefully. Obviously avoid spicy food like curries, etc. Elevate the top end of the bedframe and see if that helps. You can achieve this by putting books under the feet of the bed. I second Gaviscon too.

If it doesn't resolve, get it checked.

ChristieF Tue 14-Jul-09 13:04:22

Have you tried yoga? Look up exercises for trapped wind. If you do the position where you kneel down then stretch your arms on the floor in front of you, bottom in air. As if praying to Mecca. Recommended by Dr Ali in book Therapeutic Yoga.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now