Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

urmm can Ab's cause the D word I can't spell??

(11 Posts)
BCNS Wed 08-Jul-09 15:01:22

took firt ab tablet 2 hours ago.. now I'm rushing to the loo ..

tell me they do this... and i haven't got something else please!

Worzsel Wed 08-Jul-09 15:02:04

yes they can

AMumInScotland Wed 08-Jul-09 15:02:37

I know my DS reacts like that to Erythromycin - we make sure he never gets prescribed it!

LovelyRitaMeterMaid Wed 08-Jul-09 15:02:37

Yes, they can make you have that.

Can also make you be sick too.

BCNS Wed 08-Jul-09 15:03:21

<relief> thank gawd for that.. my next thread was to call for someone to shoot me lol.

I give up.. soon as dinner is done.. I'm going to bed!

TrillianAstra Wed 08-Jul-09 15:14:19

Yep they can. If you get this sort of response then note down the name of the Ab and next time the doctor looks like prescribing you some ask for 'not that one, it gives me the runs'.

ThingOne Wed 08-Jul-09 17:37:45

Yes. What are you on? Some are worse than others. It usually passes. If it doesn't, you probably need to check the info leaflet and ring your GP. But carry on taking them unless your GP tells you otherwise.

Sugarmagnolia Wed 08-Jul-09 19:27:36

Eating live yoghurt can sometimes help (replaces some of the good bacteria in the gut that the ABs kill).

BCNS Wed 08-Jul-09 23:02:06

I'm on Trimethoprim to start with.

D.... has calmed down a bit..thank the lord.. thanks all.. and sugar.. i'll get some live yogurt.. gawd who'd think taking ab's would actually make you feel worse than you did before! shock..

( can you tell.. i am not used to this.)

ThingOne Thu 09-Jul-09 17:43:20

It's quite common they make you feel quite bad, sadly. When it's over you might need to look into a live bacteria supplement if your tummy doesn't calm down on live yoghurt alone. But I can never remember which actually work - it's very few of them - so can't tell you which to buy.

smudgethepuppydog Thu 09-Jul-09 18:39:04

Died In A Rolls Royce Having Over Eaten Again.

And yes they can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now