Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Feeling very sorry for myself

(11 Posts)
Hulababy Wed 08-Jul-09 08:35:30

I have an ear infection (I think - ear was so blocked GP couldn't see that much) that is also affecting my throat. But OMG, my head kills! I am fine if I sit or lie still (which TBH is an improvment from last night) but if I move much it is awful.

Had day off work yesterday and felt a bit better. Got up to take DD to a party after school and after an hour of being up I thought my head would explode. It hurt so much my ears were struggling to stay open. When I got home I took painkillers and went to bed!

So, I am off work again today and remaining in PJs, laid on bed or sofa for the day until it is time to go and get DD at 3:30pm.

Please let the antibiotics kick in today. I hate feeling ill.I am not a good patient!

Hulababy Wed 08-Jul-09 09:25:40

Bet if I'd put swine flu in the title people would have replied wink

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 08-Jul-09 13:02:13

That sounds really horrible. Have you tried holding a hot water bottle to your ears? Or maybe retire under the duvet with a bottle of whiskey!
Hope you feel loads better soon.

Hulababy Wed 08-Jul-09 13:03:51

Have been having frequent naps A up again for a bit, having taken more painkillers and more antibiotics.

I keep think I am ok - until I move again!

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 08-Jul-09 13:29:09

Then you need a a couple of concubines or something - one to pop grapes into your mouth (choking hazard - make sure he cuts them in half first!) and another to waft a big fan at you (making sure the draft doesnt go down your ear hole!)

Hulababy Wed 08-Jul-09 14:30:52

Sounds good.

Have to go and get washed and dress now, ready to get DD form school, then need to drive her across town for a Brownies event. At least DH will pick her up afterwards. Could really do without it but as she takes her promise next week, she needs to go today.

BCNS Wed 08-Jul-09 14:39:39

awwww loads of sympathy from me..

you have a snuggle up later on.. don't cook tonight.. just order in lol.. or get H to sort it.

ear infections are yuk!

Hulababy Wed 08-Jul-09 15:05:22

Think DH can definitely sort dinner out, after he has been to collect DD from Brownies.

Why, today of all dyas, does she have to be at an activity the other side of town? Argh.

I am fine if I am sat or laid down. It s once I move I hit problems.

And school need to know if I ill be in tomorrow or not - but who knows?! How do I know how I'll feel in the morning?

BCNS Wed 08-Jul-09 15:13:49

tell them you'll be off.. I can't see you zipping about tomorrow if you feel this bad today.

ears are funny things .. give the abs a couple of days to kick in and start helping before you go back.

Hulababy Wed 08-Jul-09 16:23:32

Started with the abs on Monday night.

Have left a message on HT phone to say that it is unlikely I will be in this week.

Hulababy Wed 08-Jul-09 17:22:52

Spoken to HT now and said that I won't be in til Monday. I was supposed to be off Friday for DD's prize day anyway. Just can't see me being able to work for any length of time. Got to canccel evening trip to the Art Show tomorrow night too which is a shame as it is normally a nice evening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now