Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dermoid Cyst

(2 Posts)
Vicja Tue 07-Jul-09 21:42:46

I have today just been for an ultrasound and an internal scan and the Sonographer told me that I have a Dermoid Cyst on my left ovary.

They said that it is quite large, so large in fact that they couldn't spot it (if that makes any sense whatsoever!)

Anyway, I originally had the referral for the scan/s as I have been experiencing A LOT of pain and very heavy bleeding.

I stumbled accross this website and thought I would ask what am I to expect next? I am 30 years old and am not a parent. I know that each case is different but I hate not knowing and also would appreciate any kind of information which anyone is able to provide.

The Sonographer said that I should expect a referral to the Consultant but they couldn't tell me any more past that... (which is fair enough I suppose)

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance.

HolyGuacamole Wed 08-Jul-09 21:07:33

Bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now