Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Smear -Insufficient cells again grrrrrrrrrrr

(9 Posts)
Beauregard Tue 07-Jul-09 21:29:03

Anyone else keep having this?
Also has anyone been referred for it?

Beauregard Tue 07-Jul-09 21:46:24

I killed my own thread
Doh

jkklpu Tue 07-Jul-09 21:50:30

Yes and I'm really angry too. 3 years ago, had to go back for a 2nd time, but that one was fine. A couple of months ago, I went and got the letter about insufficient cells after a couple of weeks; went back again for the rerun only to receive another letter, but this time saying to wait 3 months. Sooooo annoyed. I always tell them they need the longest speculum they have (sorry if tmi) and it's always pretty "uncomfortable" (ie my fists and jaw are clenched throughout) but it seems they can't reach properly?

Sorry if this is your first time for a repeat: hope it doesn't become a pattern for you as well.

Beauregard Tue 07-Jul-09 21:52:16

Hi
This has happened to me a lot ,last year and this.

jkklpu Tue 07-Jul-09 21:56:56

Is there a reason you have them each year? At least it's only every 3 years that it happens to me, but could definitely do without it being more than once each time ...

Beauregard Tue 07-Jul-09 22:02:39

No reason other than they keep coming back insufficient,last one was in may,surely they should be referring me by now? The letter says to have another repeat in August.

jkklpu Wed 08-Jul-09 21:18:32

there was another thread a few weeks ago from someone saying she'd been asked to go back 6 months later

BellaNoir Wed 08-Jul-09 23:04:16

Usually you'd be referred to colposcopy on you third consecutive inadequate test. There's no clear guidance on what the minimum time between tests should be because the reasons for inadequacy differ. It's often suggested a wait of between 1-3 months before having another test.
If you have a 'shy' cervix then it might actually be helpful to be seen by a colposcopist as they see a wide range of presentations.

Beauregard Thu 09-Jul-09 22:09:33

Thanks for the info Bellanoirsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now