Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mummy with chickenpox

(4 Posts)
Alibobster Tue 07-Jul-09 16:45:14

Apologies in advance but I'm just on here for a moan - have got the nasty pox at 34 years of age.DH saiys it looks as if I've stuck my face in a wasps nest. It's my birthday on Sunday and had a great weekend planned - out with girlfriends on Friday night then dinner with DH on Saturday - bought new dress, shoes, was getting my hair and tan done - I really love my birthday and always look forward to it - instead i'll now be having a bath in calamine lotion and eating ice lollies to keep cool

ButtercupWafflehead Tue 07-Jul-09 16:46:37

Poor you!!!!! sad

Hope you still have a nice birthday, somehow!

Alibobster Tue 07-Jul-09 16:48:34

Aww thanks ButtercupWafflehead. The only good thing is ds has had them and passed them to me rather than the other way round. Don't you just love kids, they're so giving!

ButtercupWafflehead Tue 07-Jul-09 18:56:30

It could've been shingles, I suppose...

I hear the calamine cream is more soothing than the lotion. Perhaps it'll be a great excuse for everyone to wait on you hand and foot?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now