Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anybody obtained relief from horrid back pain using a lumbar support belt thingy? If so, which one?

(5 Posts)
MamaG Mon 06-Jul-09 21:38:38

Tis for poor DH

Berrie Mon 06-Jul-09 21:42:57

I bought one but it didn't help at all.

Dh bought a weightlifting belt from a sports shop. He reckons it helps when he's doing heavy work and he has a bad back.

We have a memory foam topper which cured dh's back. I like it too though my back problem persists.

MamaG Tue 07-Jul-09 09:25:54

Thanks Berrie thats really helpful. I guess it all depends on the "sort" of back pain doesn't it. DH has been referred to the hospital so we're just waiting for an appt. THink its worth investing in a topper though, just in case.

Berrie Tue 07-Jul-09 09:42:55

I've just been for my referral. He talked to me for about 5 minutes and offered pain killing injections. My feeling is that those are something one has when having a flare up rather than for ongoing daily pain ( if that makes sense hmm)

MamaG Tue 07-Jul-09 09:46:48

Yes thats what DH syas Berrie. GP said there are many options including injections. DH said he wants to prevent it, not treat it and he can't be injected every day surely!

I feel for you, I can see how much DH is suffering with daily pain

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now