Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tired all the time, going to drs again today, any advice?

(20 Posts)
sb9 Mon 06-Jul-09 12:38:17

Hi, I have always been a tired person and i have had tests both now and in the past which are all clear. The doctors dont seem to be bothered and want to help but its really annoying. I sleep from 10pm to 7am every night but never feel rested any always want a nap in the day.

Any advice?! Thanks

Divvy Mon 06-Jul-09 12:40:12

You could have a sleep disorder, google it and see waht you think.

LyraSilvertongue Mon 06-Jul-09 12:42:14

Have you tried exercise?
I used to be tired all the time too, waking up feeling more tired than when I went to bed. I also had tests which came back clear.
I started doing muscle toning exercises and within a week or two I'd lost that tired sluggish feeling. Even walking upstairs, nopw I trot rahter than drag myself up.
IKt's worth a try if you haven't already.

Kayzr Mon 06-Jul-09 12:42:17

Same here. Got a blood test on Friday. I'm being tested for Anaemia, Diabetes and thyroid problems. But my GP thinks it is caused by normal family tiredness because I have children.

Make sure you ask to be tested for all those things.

phdlife Mon 06-Jul-09 12:43:17

or glandular fever. though ime that's not just being tired, it's being utterly unable to stay awake.

mumonthenet Mon 06-Jul-09 12:47:56

might be a stupid question but...

do you eat breakfast?

Sonnet Mon 06-Jul-09 12:48:50

Are you well hydrated.
My "tired all the time" problem diminished greatly after upping my consumption of water - honestly....My testa came back all clear too and I fought this feeling for 5 years

LyraSilvertongue Mon 06-Jul-09 12:55:56

Oh yes, upping water intke also helped.
Being dehydrated can make you tired and even depressed.

sb9 Mon 06-Jul-09 12:59:25

I will try water as I dont drink enough. I cant do lots of exercise as i have a bad back and neck but do go to pilates. The dr said same to me about family life but i know its not that.

Im not the best eater in the world either..

Sonnet Mon 06-Jul-09 13:02:43

Ahh - you maybe deficient in minerals and vitamins etc.
Have you been tested for anemia?

If these tests come back clear tey taking a multi vit and drinking at least 2 lts a day ( more if poss). Give yourself a few days and the water will kick in.

I use to feel "drained" - is that how you feel?

Kayzr Mon 06-Jul-09 13:03:47

I didn't know that about water. I don't drink enough really so might try it.

TitsalinaBumsquash Mon 06-Jul-09 13:05:52

I am always knackered and i have Fibromyalga, part of it is sleep related as your brain sleeps but your body doen't get the rest a normal sleeping body would.

My sister is going to see the gp again, she falls asleep up to six times a day and has had full blood test screening which was clear, the dr just didn't seem bothered.

sb9 Mon 06-Jul-09 13:10:11

Yeah been tested for all. I will try the vits too. I did wonder if I had Fibromyalga as my body aches but then thats just becuase of my car accident and injury its left to my back and neck leaving it aching and heavy all the time.

CMOTdibbler Mon 06-Jul-09 13:10:25

Do you snore ?

And will you just fall asleep if sitting quietly during the day, or just feel like you would like to ?

sb9 Mon 06-Jul-09 13:15:23

No i dont snore and yes i could sleep at anytime infact think im going to go for a nap now...

LyraSilvertongue Mon 06-Jul-09 13:17:19

Tired all the time is one of the most common symptoms reported to GPs and I think they just get bored of it, especially when here's no obvious cause. When my tests came back clear my GP lost all interest in trying to find the cause. He did suggest exercise though, which helped enormously.

Sunshinemummy Mon 06-Jul-09 13:19:26

SB9 I felt just like you and was tested by the GP for all the usual stuff. Everything came up negative and I was told it was just the perils of being a busy working mum.

After a colleague had great results I've been doing [http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spent-Frank-Lipman/dp/1848500610/ref=sr11?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1246882596& sr=8-1 this] and it's really made a difference.

I don't know if I look as good as colleague - her skin is noticeably brighter and she's lost quite a bit of weight - but I've lost some weight and I feel brighter and less tired. I'm no longer struggling to stay awake at work and after the kids have gone to bed. I have my evenings back.

The book is really easy to follow. I haven't done absolutely everything. I've mainly stuck to the general principles.

Sunshinemummy Mon 06-Jul-09 13:20:05

Sorry I'll do link agasin here

sb9 Mon 06-Jul-09 13:25:05

Thanks, its worth a try!

Sunshinemummy Mon 06-Jul-09 14:08:18

SB9 all the symptoms you mention are in the book - constant tiredness, aching body etc. It's definitely worth ago as my rigorous study of two of us has shown that it does work grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now