Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help! I've got nits and a hair appointment - will they still cut it?

(7 Posts)
bubblesbabe Mon 06-Jul-09 11:18:58

Have been combing like mad for 2 days after finding nits (lucky me - I'm a teacher surprise suprise) Am desperate for a hair cut but don't know if they will still cut it. Advice please...

SoupDragon Mon 06-Jul-09 11:19:42

No, I don't think they will unfortunately.

nickschick Mon 06-Jul-09 11:19:47

Not at the salon I go to nor at the barbers dc visit either.

MamaG Mon 06-Jul-09 11:21:15

I had this once. I did a hedrin treatment, thoroughly combed and checked in advance. They were happy to cut it as long as I'd done all above. Worth a phone call?

diedandgonetodevon Mon 06-Jul-09 11:23:07

Not at the salon I go to. Would you want to have to cut someone's nitty head? It's only polite to cancel your appt and treat them first.

stripeypineapple Mon 06-Jul-09 11:23:11

Go out now and buy a Nitty Gritty comb and use that along with plenty of conditioner, better if someone else could do it for you then they can see your scalp better. It's the only nit comb that actually works.

bubblesbabe Mon 06-Jul-09 11:37:13

Thanks everyone - have cancelled and will have another go with the nitty gritty comb!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now