Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DS2 is very poorly, just wants to BF all the time

(4 Posts)
SparklyGothKat Sun 05-Jul-09 17:47:56

Ds2 has a high temp. cold, cough, runny stools, and lost his voice. I have phoned the swine flu helpline and was told to get him checked out. I went to the dropin clinic on friday and the gp said he had a viral infection, he got worse yesterday so went back today and they are still said viral. He is so poorly, all he wants to do is breastfeed, I have had hardly any sleep in 3 days, and I am knackered

ImOverHere Sun 05-Jul-09 17:53:24

Oh dear poor DS and poor you. If he's still feeding then let him and try to rest when he's asleep and get your other half to look after other DC if you can.

Hope he gets well soon.

SparklyGothKat Sun 05-Jul-09 17:55:20

I have only managed to get him down to 1 feed at night, now he is feeding all day and night...was hoping to give up this bf lark lol

ImOverHere Sun 05-Jul-09 18:48:41

Yes, everytime I thought I would give up bf DD she would throw up some illness or something and I'd keep on again (they can read minds I'm sure of it!).

I'm sure he'll go back to 1 feed at night again once he is well. He's not really feeding now at night, I would think, its more for comfort than anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now