Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DS1 is 11 and has flu..do I need to get him looked at?

(8 Posts)
Curiousmama Sun 05-Jul-09 17:24:59

He's so poorly, just laid in bed all hot and sweaty and aching.
Do I need to tell his gp? Or ring nhs direct? I'm worried it's swine flu although I hear this isn't any worse than normal flu?

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 05-Jul-09 17:26:14

Ring NHS direct.

sad I hope he's on the mend soon.

Curiousmama Sun 05-Jul-09 17:31:33

thanks. It's his school play all this week and he's the presenter so he'll miss that sad I hope he's going to be ok. DS2 has a cold but nothing more as yet?

ohbabygivemeonemorechance Sun 05-Jul-09 17:36:23

If he is really poorly today ring your GP number who will put you through to out of hours for advice/him to be looked at today.
If he is poorly but ok,ring GP first thing tomaorrow am.
Hope he is ok,my ds has a temp and acheing joints but has perked up a bit today ~ not sure if I just go with "virus" or if need to keep off school in case is swine flu.If my ds is still hot tonight/achey,will ring for him tomorrow I think.

ohbabygivemeonemorechance Sun 05-Jul-09 17:37:09

tomorrow!

reikizen Sun 05-Jul-09 17:40:20

Yes, flu (swine or not) is really very nasty and not at all like a bad cold. I had hallucinations and all sorts and was very weak for a long time afterwards the only time I have had real flu. If your child has flu there would be no way they could go to school they would be too poorly tbh. I would call the GP for a child who was that ill even if there was no 'swine flu' about.

ohbabygivemeonemorechance Sun 05-Jul-09 17:43:35

sorry should have said give him lots to drink,calpol/paracetamol medicine and juice/easily digested food.
Keep an eye on his temp and ring GP if he can't really get up and about.

cass66 Sun 05-Jul-09 19:50:36

..if you can get up and about you don't have 'flu....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now