Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mirena Coil infection, swine flu or too much bean salad

(9 Posts)
fruitstick Sun 05-Jul-09 11:47:13

I woke up this morning with agonising abdominal pains (felt like I was in labour), feeling quite nauseous and hot.

Had some paracetemol and symptoms have subsided but still feel a bit peaky (lightheaded, achy abdominal pains and a bit sick).

Had my coil fitted on Tuesday. Is this what an infection feels like or is it more just smelly!

I can't believe I asked doctor about risk of infectioln but not symptoms.

fruitstick Sun 05-Jul-09 12:22:37

bump

jooseyfruit Sun 05-Jul-09 12:30:11

no idea. how are you feeling now?

fruitstick Sun 05-Jul-09 12:32:37

just a bit unwell. Still have crampy pains but nowhere near as bad as they were this morning.

tutu100 Sun 05-Jul-09 12:35:19

When i had crampy pains after having a coil fitted it was because the coil had come partiaslly out through my cervix and was causing my womb to contract( i felt faint with the pain). I think you need to see the doctor

sandcastles Sun 05-Jul-09 12:35:49

I had my coil removed for this reason & had an infection. 3 types of antibiotics over 2 weeks killed it off.

fruitstick Sun 05-Jul-09 12:37:42

thought as much. Sundays not great for doctors round here and was reluctant to call in case it was the bean salad after all!

May keep up the painkillers and call in the morning.

fruitstick Sun 05-Jul-09 16:14:28

I'm pretty sure it is an infection as also now have yellowish/green discharge (sorry if tmi)

If the doctor gives me antibiotics tomorrow will I have to have it removed or will these clear it up?

Will be gutted if I went through the whole ordeal for nothing sad

tutu100 Sun 05-Jul-09 20:35:23

I think if it's an infection then once it's cleared up with ab's you will be fine and the coil can stay in place. That's what I was told before they found my coil had moved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now