Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

OMG, just tried to pull my tampax out and cord came off in my hand

(9 Posts)
saramoon Sun 05-Jul-09 08:42:39

Ok, i'm guessing that it will all be ok and that i am flapping but my periods are heavy and i always have to wear tampax at night. Got up about 1.30am to change it as I was leaking. This morning I go to the loo and the blooming cord thing comes off in my hand! Now I have, ahem, been up there and managed to get the rest of it out - i think, it came out in bits and i was freaking out a bit, this has never happened before. I guess I haven't dislodged my coil and that if there is any more up there it will come out itself. I'm pretty sure i did get the last - shudder - chunk out. Was going to ask DH to check but don't know how willing he will be hmm Anya advice? Tell me i'm not going to get TTS basically or that i am going to get smelly.

Prosecco Sun 05-Jul-09 09:01:29

If your period is heavy any left should come out on its own. You'll have to stick to pads for the remainder though. DO NOT ask your dh to check if he is as squeamish as mine. If, when your period has finished, you experience discharge or smell, then you will have to go to GP but hopefully won't come to that. I don't think you will get TSS with tiny fragments.

chaosisawayoflife Mon 06-Jul-09 08:58:16

That happened to me when I was about 13. I was at boarding school and had to go to the school nurse to have it removed. It was the most mortifying experience of my life at the time.

CherryChoc Mon 06-Jul-09 09:02:38

I don't think you are supposed to wear tampons overnight, are you? Wouldn't know as I hate the things.

expatinscotland Mon 06-Jul-09 09:21:36

you can use tampons overnight. i used to. before i became a mooncup convert.

Wilkiepedia Mon 06-Jul-09 09:26:57

Cherry - of course you can wear them overnight

OP, I second what Prosecco says (and think strongly worded email/letter to Tampax manufacturers may get you some freebies)

CherryChoc Mon 06-Jul-09 12:01:04

Hmm I have just googled and most sources seem to suggest that it is not advised to wear tampons overnight.

expatinscotland Mon 06-Jul-09 12:34:34

they probably say that to keep from getting sued.

i used tampons overnight for decades - until the mooncup came along.

i hate pads and never, ever used them except for after childbirth.

eeww. they're horrid for the environment, too.

saramoon Mon 06-Jul-09 16:36:28

Thanks for messages everyone, just to say, i have always used tampax AND pads overnight cos my periods are so heavy. All is ok down below anyway but it has put me off using tampax a bit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now