Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

how is best to treat a hormone imbalance?

(4 Posts)
mad4myboys Fri 03-Jul-09 13:07:10

Basically for my spooty face. All on the right hand side around my jaw area. Have had all the usual anti biotics etc and now looking for another option?

IrritableGrizzly Fri 03-Jul-09 15:45:56

I have this problem too. Most of my face is fine but get spots really badly on my chin/jawline. It's worse as I'm breastfeeding so can't take anything medicine wise. I take evening primrose oil, and ground flaxseed mixed with yogurt as it's meant to help balance hormones. Have also been advised to try yoga or other exercise regularly, and try to avoid stress as it can produce cortisol which makes it worse.

Sorry, that's probably not a lot of help - if anyone else knows any magic solutions I'd love to hear them!

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 03-Jul-09 16:06:41

Hormonal problems like these can be caused by a condition called polycystic ovaries. A blood test can be done to see what your hormone levels are like. Tea tree oil can be good to use but you need to determine the actual cause rather than just treat the symptoms.

Verity's website may be helpful:-

[[www.verity-pcos.org.uk]

mad4myboys Fri 03-Jul-09 19:09:57

i did think about pcos in the past but i fell pg immediately with both my ds and dont seem to have as many problems as sufferers seem to?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now