Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this mild swine flu or something else?

(10 Posts)
hotpotmama Fri 03-Jul-09 11:25:46

For the past two days have had a sore throat, one tonsil looks swollen, bit achy, bit of the chills, but nothing that doesn't feel better after ibuprofen, and am not in bed just carrying on as normal. Is worse in the evenings and have had to go to bed early, am so tired too.

What do you think? Is it swine flu or am I just run down? Not been to the docs as if it is you aren't supposed to go anyway.

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 03-Jul-09 11:34:48

Sounds like tonsillitis Hope you feel better soon.

hotpotmama Fri 03-Jul-09 12:04:12

Cheers for the reply OYBBK. I thought that it might be that but when I normally get tonsilitis I can't speak, but was ok yesterday, just deteriorated in the evening.

CountessDracula Fri 03-Jul-09 12:25:56

There is a lot of strep throat around atm according to my doctor.

I had something VERY similar a couple of weeks ago. A sore achy throat and real exhaustion. It cleared up in a about 5 or 6 days. Rest as much as you can

Elibean Fri 03-Jul-09 14:25:27

Just had this too. Thought I had a throat ulcer, because it was v sore on one side only and not much raised temps, just tired and feeling rough and a bit achey.

Still think mine was a run-down, throat ulcer thingy...IME tonsillitis and strep throat come with fever, though maybe thats not everyone.

Very much doubt I had swine flu though smile

castlesintheair Fri 03-Jul-09 14:28:16

There are lots of throat-ulcery type infections/viruses where I live at the moment.

castlesintheair Fri 03-Jul-09 14:28:51

Oh, hello Elibean! There you go: proves my point. Hope you are feeling better.

Elibean Fri 03-Jul-09 14:32:19

Hello Castles smile. Much, thank you!

hotpotmama Fri 03-Jul-09 21:46:35

Is it viral strep throat? Ta for replies.

LynetteScavo Fri 03-Jul-09 21:51:49

I've heard that unless you have a cough it's not swimne flu.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now