Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Quick sick/ medicine question

(4 Posts)
stoppinattwo Fri 03-Jul-09 03:27:03

How long after giving medicine would you say it took to absorb?

DD is constantly being sick and has a temp. i have given her medised but she was sick about 10 mins later do you think that was long enough to be "absorbed" iykwim or do you think she should have more?

TIA

lulalullabye Fri 03-Jul-09 03:34:43

It is hard to say after 10 mins. Most drugs are absorbed through the stomach wall. Have you given her any other meds, and did you want the medised to help her sleep or for her temp ?

stoppinattwo Fri 03-Jul-09 07:07:06

lula..sorry went back up and she had fallen asleep

the medised was for high temp...she has been vomiting though and did so about 10 mins after the medised, so i didnt know whetherto give her medicine again or wait...but she had fallen asleep, soor little thing she is being soo brave about being sick sad

lulalullabye Fri 03-Jul-09 07:33:44

Don't forget that you can give neurofen as well as medised as it only contains paracetamol and the other ingredient.

I would give straight paracetamol instead of medised the you know where you are with just one ingredient.

Also don't give anything unless temp is above 38 smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now