Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I am contemplating cutting off my head and sleeping with my patio doors open

(16 Posts)
flatcapandpearls Thu 02-Jul-09 21:39:10

I have had an awful head ache and tired feeling all day to the extent I have been sick with it. I had to swallow my sick while teaching today and almost collapsed on the stairs. Have been told not to come into work tomorrow and have been trying to lie down in a dark room. The only way I can do this is on the sofa next to our open patio doors.

Would I be mad to sleep downstairs with the doors open?

RumourOfAHurricane Thu 02-Jul-09 21:44:47

Message withdrawn

cornsilk Thu 02-Jul-09 21:46:39

God that sounds awful! Don't sleep with the doors open though.

onepieceofcremeegg Thu 02-Jul-09 21:48:05

Could you make your bedroom a bit more "dark" or sleep with an eye blindfold or similar?

Personally I wouldn't settle very well downstairs.

Sympathies re the head btw. dd1 and I both have similar. Thankfully dd2 was at the cms today so we lazed around guzzling paracetamol and calpol respectively.

Is it a migraine do you think. I suspect my dd has a touch of heatstroke. Mine is a pesky migraine.

flatcapandpearls Thu 02-Jul-09 21:48:36

Thanks. Our road is quiet but we do live in a Dorset crimespot.

Damn.

flatcapandpearls Thu 02-Jul-09 21:52:37

I had sunstroke last week , I think some of it is heat related. My classroom resembles a greenhouse. I Am also very run down, my body knows a holiday is on the way and is starting to shut down.

I have drawn blinds, curtains all windows open and dp even put the sheets in the fridge, he did joke about pitching me a tent in the garden

onepieceofcremeegg Thu 02-Jul-09 21:57:19

I think that some of us are more susceptible to the heat, sorry to hear about your sunstroke.

I just checked the temp in our back garden - 25 degrees (I'm not exaggerating)

Our bedroom is in the converted loft, it reached 31 earlier. shock

pollywobbledoodle Thu 02-Jul-09 21:58:25

slept by the open patio doors last night...twas great! it was so nice to feel cool ....

however, a cold drink, paracetomol and a chair in front of the open freezer whilst sitting on a chillow did the trick for a bit today

...not much help today but chillow pillow is geat if you tend to get overheated...put some water in it and it stays cool all night

RumourOfAHurricane Thu 02-Jul-09 22:04:40

Message withdrawn

flatcapandpearls Thu 02-Jul-09 22:05:11

I need to lose weight so it is self inflicted. This has motivated me to seriously do something

flatcapandpearls Thu 02-Jul-09 22:06:48

Will try that shineon thanks for taking time to listen to my moaning

onepieceofcremeegg Thu 02-Jul-09 22:07:56

Don't be hard on yourself flatcap. Hope you have a restful night and a restful day tomorrow recuperating.

RumourOfAHurricane Thu 02-Jul-09 22:09:55

Message withdrawn

flatcapandpearls Thu 02-Jul-09 22:23:17

I will do shiney when I am feeling better.

RumourOfAHurricane Thu 02-Jul-09 22:25:45

Message withdrawn

slummymummy36 Thu 02-Jul-09 23:01:13

Well I seriously considerd putting the tent up in the garden to sleep in that tonite.

Was too hot to be botherd with the exertion of erecting though! LOL

They say a hot water bottle filled with cold water and left in the fridge before use can help cool you down.

Hope you feel better soon anad make sure you keep drinking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now