Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

a funny noise in my ear.........

(11 Posts)
loflo Thu 02-Jul-09 21:12:30

Ok I have a really weird thing going on with one ear. It feels like there is something moving and making a noise in there. The pitch changes and I am now paranoid.....

Tis only one ear and no pain as such. Comes and goes and feels like something vibrating.

Any ideas?

southeastastra Thu 02-Jul-09 21:13:55

a fly probably

PestoMonster Thu 02-Jul-09 21:14:00

You don't think an insect has flown in there do you? It's possible?

loflo Thu 02-Jul-09 21:17:15

oh see the thought of that freaks me out!!! DH has syringed them with water with the free syringe that comes with kids nurofen. Surprisingly not helped hmm

southeastastra Thu 02-Jul-09 21:20:30

aren't you meant to put some sort of oil in it to bring it out? have a go

(sorry no help am i)

loflo Thu 02-Jul-09 21:24:57

chip fat? Lard? grin

southeastastra Thu 02-Jul-09 21:32:47

tut, no olive pref extra virgin grin

loflo Thu 02-Jul-09 21:35:22

ah right like tossing a salad grin just pour it in neat do you think?

southeastastra Thu 02-Jul-09 21:42:46

i found this for you one tip is shine a light and it'll fly out, though that relates to a moth grin

loflo Thu 02-Jul-09 21:48:56

aw thank you! Off to look for the house torch. More likely to find DS's ben 10 one!

Thanks again x

KittyBigglesworth Fri 03-Jul-09 01:08:56

It might be ear wax. Try some Earex or similar hydrogen peroxide solution for ears. Put the drops in, then lie on your side, ear to the sky. It will tickle and after about 10 seconds it will fizz, it's not unpleasant (in fact it's quite addictive) The more it fizzes, the more wax there is in there.

Don't get too addicted to the drops though, your ears need some wax for a reason. Just not hardened wax.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now