Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

this is yuk

(13 Posts)
yuckyuckyuck Mon 16-May-05 16:36:37

Reg poster here on MN.
Too ashamed to put real name.

Didn't have this problem before I had DD a few months ago.

Had a couple of pimples on my bottom quite near to rectum, thought they were a couple of spots that would go. They got bigger and bigger and I looked at them with a mirror today and was horriried as they are huge looking skin tags. I have been obsessing all day as to how to get rid of them, contemplating a few glasses of wine and a razor.

Please don't say go to the GP as I am far too embarrassed to. Can I do anything to get rid of them myself?

I won't even let me DH come amywhere near me as I'm worried he'll see them.

BTW they are not piles.

misdee Mon 16-May-05 16:38:05

tie a piece of string round them.

flum Mon 16-May-05 16:38:11

try sandpaper in your knickers

Twiglett Mon 16-May-05 16:39:38

GP - c'mon its a bit of skin its not even 'inside' what's to be embarrassed about?

or I think the way you can get rid of skin tags on neck is by tying some cotton really tight around the base of them until they die and drop off (I think) - but don't know how you'd do it for yourself unless you have a very very close friend?

yuckyuckyuck Mon 16-May-05 16:40:26

FLUM, you monkey!

Really tying something around them?
Ewww makes me gag just thinking about it.

TwoAngels Mon 16-May-05 16:41:07

don't fear hun u been shaving recently??? I had these for a while through shaving and yes I was worried thought they were something more sinister but they went after a few months.....

nothing to be embarressed about LOOK I AIN't changed ma name

beansprout Mon 16-May-05 16:44:05

Surely a few glasses of wine and razor blade is never a good idea?!

hamster Mon 16-May-05 16:44:42

You can buy a thing called a "silky mit" from the chemists, it's in the hair removal section. It's like a disc of really light sand paper that you put on your hand. Made for sort of wearing down hairs. Give 'em a good rub with one of those!

Mind you if they are quite big, then I would tend to agree with the string idea!

Try haemorroid cream if all else fails, made esp for shrinking skin.

Hope they go! x

Hermione1 Mon 16-May-05 16:45:14

got to the gp, my dad had one on his leg, they removed it, can't be any worse than an smear surely??

flum Mon 16-May-05 16:46:20

sorry. mind you the cotton tying round sounds worse.

praps you could introduce it to DP if women with bits of loose skin hanging from their bums have dps - as a great new sex game.

ermm you tie these bits of cotton on love, and er,mm, wel thats it really

this is great!!!

yuckyuckyuck Mon 16-May-05 16:49:20

never ever had a smear

Hermione1 Mon 16-May-05 18:58:33

how old are you? never had a smear?? you should.

bev1e Tue 17-May-05 11:42:00

Yucky, don't do it yourself if you don't know what it is. You'll probably end up causing more trouble and having to show off your bum to the doc anyway!

If they're not causing you any pain why not just "monitor" them for a while? I suffered from an itchy bum for about 8 years before I plucked up the courage to see my doctor about it and although I could've died when he examined me it was nothing compared to the relief I felt at actually clearing it all up!

Be brave - go see your GP

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: