Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

what would/could cause me to feel faint three or four times a day - including pre-heat wave?

(6 Posts)
pagwatch Thu 02-Jul-09 12:43:58

I really really don't wantto be at the GPs but faint feeling getting more regular.

It isn't happening as I stand up. I have been eating well ( in fact recently put in a little weight and i am slimish to medium build. I am under stress but have been for ten years. I am old sad 47 soon.

I just suddenly get this sensation as if I am about to pass out - often actually when lying down.

I am a big tough girl. You can tell me to stop being pathetic - I am just getting old. Or you can tell me to see GP sharpish. I just know he kind of worries about me so don't want him starting if it is probably nothing.

terramum Thu 02-Jul-09 12:45:50

Blood pressure issues? Ear infection?

Defo go & see your GP.

reikizen Thu 02-Jul-09 12:46:20

Low blood pressure? Anaemia? A vaso vagal attack (where your vagus nerve is stimulated leading to heart rate slow down and low BP) I'd go to the GP (and I never go to the GP) as it seems to be increasing. But I'm pretty sure it is just something you may be prone to. Good luck.

BCNS Thu 02-Jul-09 12:47:14

well I'd pop to the GP.. as far as I know ( which isn't that far )

could be hormones, low blood pressure, something dogey in your ears and probably plenty more.

I would say low blood sugar too.. but you say your eating well.

cheesesarnie Thu 02-Jul-09 12:48:42

i had this recently too.mine was ear infection.but i also get it when im aneamic but i also used to have passing out fazes for no reason-they did all sorts of tests and all was well,i just kept falling over.
id go to gp.

pagwatch Thu 02-Jul-09 12:56:45

Thank you all. I will go and see him. When I was last in he checked my blood pressure and it was good - no ear issues I know of but bloody hormones are another story smile

Cheesesarnie - that sounds inconvenient and yet a good excuse if you drink in the afternoon smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now