Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone heard of orthodontics + chiropractic done together?

(2 Posts)
Wafflesnaffler Wed 01-Jul-09 19:20:11

I've been referred to an orthodontist and had a very interesting consultation but he works with a chiropractor to sort out the problem. Was a very interesting consultation and makes logical sense but am just wondering if this is some experimental thing and I will be the guinea pig.

It's more expensive than the referring dentist suggested, which must be at least partly because of the chiropractic addition.

Has anyone heard of this, or am I about to be fleeced?

NB. I will of course quiz him further next time I see him but wanted impartial opinions too please

ChippyMinton Wed 01-Jul-09 22:22:00

No experience of this, but a colleague who suffered chronic back problems was advised by her chiropractic to have some dental work (a bridge IIRC) to fill a gap where a tooth had been removed. She was a bit hmm but did go ahead and, to her amazement, her back problem did ease.

This was a while ago, so maybe the link is a bit more proven now?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now