Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Think I may have callouses on my feet? What can I do?

(6 Posts)
CaramelisedOnions Wed 01-Jul-09 11:25:09

I have hard 'spots' and areas of really hard skin on the balls of my feet and just inbetween and below my big toe and second toe.

I think these might be callouses and have tried removing the dead skin and moisturising like mad when I go to bed, even putting vaseline on with socks over the top. But the morning after moisturising (even without socks) my feet feel almost swollen and the skin is really shiny and taught rather than soft.....

if you are still with me and my feet have you got any ideas what I should do????

TIA

CaramelisedOnions Wed 01-Jul-09 11:37:06

blush

babyignoramus Wed 01-Jul-09 12:53:37

Mine are the same - TBH I walk so much it's pointless trying to fix it because the next day I undo everything. My husband says my feet are like a hobbit's - I could walk to work without shoes! (not hairy though!)

Have you tried one of those Ped eggs? I'm debating whether it's worth a go!

CaramelisedOnions Wed 01-Jul-09 13:05:00

hi
I looked at Ped egg but it was £10!!! so I bought a Scholl equivalent which certainly removes the top layer (ewww) and only £5.

DH says that I should walk bearfoot up the road and back everyday as that is how he used to keep the sheeps' feet trimmed....charming.

I could get the farrier to look at them I suppose?

CaramelisedOnions Wed 01-Jul-09 21:39:27

any advice for my pit pony like feet??

CaramelisedOnions Thu 02-Jul-09 14:01:28

shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now