Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Broke toe 1 1/2 yr ago and still giving trouble

(3 Posts)
jumblies Wed 01-Jul-09 10:01:27

Just wondering if anyone can advise whether doctors can actually do anything about below,

I stubbed my toe on a chair about a 1 1/2 yr ago and thought nothing of it. However it took about 6/8 weeks for it to feel normal again. I suspect I must have broken it. I didn't bother going to the doctors as I thought that they couldn't really do anything for broken toe bones and would just advise strapping it up. After it healed I realised I couldn't bend it back at all without it hurting.

I was pregnant at the time and kind of forgot about it. However I've just been swimming and it is really painful again. Can anything be done or have I got to live with it. Sorry for the essay!

BCNS Wed 01-Jul-09 10:03:41

go and get it checked... if it was broken it may have not been quite straight when it healed.

jumblies Wed 01-Jul-09 11:06:54

Ah i know, it's just finding the time! Thanks for the response BCNS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now