Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

New contraception, which one? Please advise!!

(5 Posts)
witchofeastwick Wed 01-Jul-09 09:38:49

I had ds 8 weeks ago and need to think about contraception.
Took pill (Cilest) from being 17 with a break from May 2005 til Jan 07 when I had my dd, then took it again til May 08 then stopped to start trying for second child.

I'm now not sure what to do. Don't really want to go back on it. Might get Mirena coil fitted. Are implants or injections good? Any advice welcome thanks!

Flyonthewindscreen Wed 01-Jul-09 10:46:40

I have found a mirena coil brilliant. Have had it now for 4 years after having 2nd DC and periods stopped within 3 months. No side effects. Never have to even think about contraception. Only concern is that I worry that if I was in the tiny percentage that got pg while using it I wouldn't know for ages as no period...

BCNS Wed 01-Jul-09 10:55:34

I loved Persona best thing ever no hic ups with it, nothing in my system or in my body.. and I found it very realiable between ds1 and ds2.. and when I was trying for ds2.. we just did the deed on the red days.. and swhoop I was preggers!

mosschops30 Wed 01-Jul-09 11:23:13

I loved the mirena, had it in for 4 years after ds, then taken out to concieve no.3.

I will be straight back down the clinic having another fitted at my 6 week check

witchofeastwick Fri 03-Jul-09 08:30:12

Thanks for advice everyone. Think i'm going to get Mirena (crosses fingers that i don't end up with acne side-effect!)

I know what you mean KamR, my husband thinks we should stop now we have ds and dd. A surprise pregnancy would give him a nervous breakdown!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now