Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DS3 is very hot and cross - no other symptoms - what could it be?

(16 Posts)
dinosaur Mon 16-May-05 11:05:29

I just wondered if there was anything going round. DS3 has been incredibly hot (temperature does come down with Calpol/Nurofen though) and very very upset. However he has been eating a little bit, has not vomited and has no rash.

jampots Mon 16-May-05 11:06:23

"virus" says Dr Jampot

Hope he gets better soon. How long has he been like this?

littlemissbossy Mon 16-May-05 11:08:01

Sounds like a virus to me too, just keep feeding him with calpol/nurofen, keep him cool and give him loads to drink. Hope he's feeling better soon x

dinosaur Mon 16-May-05 11:08:54

He woke up like it yesterday morning, but seemed to get a bit better during the day.

But during the night he was awful - at 2 a.m. he was like a fiery furnace - and after that he would only sleep on me!

nutcracker Mon 16-May-05 11:10:31

Ds was like this last wek suddenly. Turned out to be a throat infection.

dinosaur Mon 16-May-05 11:11:00

nutcracker did you need antibiotics? Or did it clear up itself?

jampots Mon 16-May-05 11:15:47

may also be worth taking a urine sample to the docs for them to test. poor little lamb

dinosaur Mon 16-May-05 11:18:17

Jampots do you think I should take him to the doctor? Would have to bunk off work to do that.

jampots Mon 16-May-05 11:23:21

no just take a sample of urine along if you can get one and get it to the docs. Is he at nursery/school/home?

dinosaur Mon 16-May-05 12:45:44

DH is taking him now. He has seemed a lot worse in the last hour or so, apparently .

jampots Mon 16-May-05 17:06:11

how's ds dinosaur?

hunkermunker Mon 16-May-05 17:08:00

DS was like this a few weeks ago (temp was 40.9) and had a UTI - I hope he's much better very soon, Dinosaur

SofiaAmes Mon 16-May-05 22:30:49

dd had this last week. Fever and miserable for 3 days before sore throat appeared.

JPM Mon 16-May-05 22:54:03

Hate to say it but spate of Chicken Pox going round and no real symptoms before spots except fever and grumpiness!

sparklymieow Mon 16-May-05 22:56:15

Thats how DS was two weeks ago, just a temp. for a day and then Chicken pox came up. DD1 now has a temp. and is grumpy so expectimg the spots to appear soon.

dinosaur Tue 17-May-05 09:56:39

Hi all.

DH spoke to the GP yesterday who said not to bring him in, just keep plying him with Calpol and Nurofen and keep him cool. He managed to eat some tea, brave little soul, and was actually quite cheery when I came home from work although I think DH had had a tough afternoon with him, especially with the two older ones to deal with as well.

But by 2.30 a.m. he was pretty bad again - he was trembling and shaking - so I forced (and I mean forced) more Calpol and Nurofen into him. Unfortunately he was then sick about half an hour later, and I didn't dare give him any more medicine for fear of overdosing him.

He eventually fell asleep at about 4 a.m., just as DS1 wet his bed (see my other thread!) which sent DH into a fury . I did go to sleep after that, but DH says heh didn't, so he is not a happy chap today.

Good news is that DS3 seemed better when he woke up, no fever and ate some breakfast, so I hope he is on the road to recovery.

But all is not well in the house of dinosaur...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now