Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mild virus?

(11 Posts)
fanjoforthemammaries7850 Tue 30-Jun-09 14:17:08

Has anyone else had a weird bug recently causing only very mild flulike feelings and dizziness?

We think DD had it, then I had it, and now DH has it..could it be very mild swine flu?

(probably not, I am just being melodramatic - interesting to know if it's going around though!)

Ripeberry Tue 30-Jun-09 16:15:44

Sounds like Swine flu. But how on earth do people know they've got swine flu in the first place? Does a government team come to your house all covered in white robes and masks?
How do you get tested, does anyone know?

Dlamis Tue 30-Jun-09 16:22:42

Sounds like how i feel at the moment, with runny nose but no sneezing, in and out of bed dozing all day. Keep flitting between thinking 'is it swine flu' and 'stop being so neurotic it's just a cold'

littlerach Tue 30-Jun-09 16:29:48

Quite a few children round here have had similar, with v v high temps, and rather lethargic, but not really a cold or cough.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Tue 30-Jun-09 16:44:34

we dont even have a runny nose..just the strange fluey feeling.....

Sweetpeasmum Tue 30-Jun-09 16:54:43

I had a very similar thing last weekend. DH went on to the NHS website to see if I had swine flu. I only had one symptom so he decided I must have 'Man' flu. It only lasted about 3 days and luckily no-one else caught it.

badgermonkey Tue 30-Jun-09 16:55:07

I have it - in fact I have it sufficiently badly to stay off work today, but it's not really like full-blown flu. It's the dizziness more than anything else that has kept me off (I'm a teacher and I couldn't have stood in front of classes all day and retained my composure when my head was spinning!). Have googled swine flu obsessively but am no wiser really and it doesn't feel bad enough for the doctor. If it IS swine flu then there are definitely a lot more people with it out there than they know about!

MummyDragon Tue 30-Jun-09 17:12:02

DH and I had a horrible virus a few weeks ago - very very mild cold, tired/dizzy and the worst bone/muscle aches we'd ever had. Could well have been swine flu but I certainly wouldn't have gone to the doctor's as I wouldn't have wanted to infect other people in the waiting room, not to mention the poor doctor herself ... Luckily neither of us has an underlying medical condition.

Our DCs didn't catch it though - well, they've had runny noses but nothing more than that.

Hormonesnomore Tue 30-Jun-09 22:26:03

Some people (including me unfortunately)at work have recently had the following -

very sore lower back

abdominal pains

dizziness

some had flu like symptoms & some had upset stomach.

Not pleasant.

oopsagain Tue 30-Jun-09 22:34:00

i had those signs two weeks ago.
DS1 had a fever all weekend and headache.

His school was shut for a week on ttuesday with at least 10 swine flu positives.
once they had enough positives to diagnoses an outbreak they shut school-
our signs were eactly the same as those kids that were positive.

and very similar to all of those mentioned hmm grin

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Wed 01-Jul-09 11:39:48

My DH now seems to have reverse man-flu..he had a temp of 38.3 last night but claimed to be feeling fine! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now