Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I've burnt myself somewhere sensitive

(22 Posts)
violentviolet Mon 29-Jun-09 17:12:53

and several days on it's not healing very well! It's a burn about the size of a 1p piece, and it doesn't feel dry due to the area its in. I've tried putting antiseptic cream on but that didn't help to dry it out, I put a couple of plasters on it but they keep being ripped off when I move.

I'm probably being thick but I don't know what to do and I'm worried it's going to get infected, wwyd?

lorry12 Mon 29-Jun-09 18:58:30

Burns can easily become infected, the best thing is to see your GP or practice nurse, they will have seen it all before and will be unfazed honestly! The sooner it is sorted the sooner it will heal. Good luck.

whoingodsnameami Mon 29-Jun-09 19:00:41

Run a bath, pour in a pile of cooking salt (not table salt) and sit on it for 20 minutes, twice a day, it does'nt sting and is very effective.

violentviolet Mon 29-Jun-09 21:31:01

Urgh I really don't want to go to the GP! blush Maybe the salt bath, but I don't have any cooking salt, just normal salt.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Mon 29-Jun-09 21:33:11

If you mean you have burnt yourself in your genital area you will only be showing what you would for a smear and you could see the nurse.

EccentricaGallumbits Mon 29-Jun-09 21:34:41

how? with what?

bellavita Mon 29-Jun-09 21:36:17

Tis not wise to use your GHD's on your ladygarden you know...

littlelamb Mon 29-Jun-09 21:38:29

I tell you what though, I burnt my boob with a curling tong a few months back. Hurt like buggery

princessmel Mon 29-Jun-09 21:39:31

How??!

bellavita Mon 29-Jun-09 21:41:52

Although, not a sensitive area, but I ironed my hand last week. Was trying to quickly iron a t/shirt without the ironing board on the kitchen work surface and somehow my hand got in the way blush

OrmIrian Mon 29-Jun-09 21:43:12

Yes, how? We need to know.

noonar Mon 29-Jun-09 21:48:32

i reckon bellavita's got it in one!

violentviolet Mon 29-Jun-09 21:53:59

I did it on a lightbulb. hmm It's not quite on my bits, it's at the very top of my inner thigh by my bumcrease so it's rubbing on my knicker elastic and plasters won't stay on, keep getting ripped off and it really hurts!

NorbertDentressangle Mon 29-Jun-09 21:56:34

on a lightbulb!

HTF did you manage that?

violentviolet Mon 29-Jun-09 22:03:11

Oh god. The lamp was beside the bed on the floor instead of on the bedside table and I forgot. I went to, er, kneel on the floor beside the bed and squatted on the lamp. blush

OrmIrian Mon 29-Jun-09 22:04:39

Ow! I don't know what to advise really. Such a difficult place.

I squatted on a nettle the other day when trying to wee in a field. That hurt but not as bad as a burn.

BitOfFun Mon 29-Jun-09 22:06:23

Oh you poor thing! Do go to the GP- at least you're not one of those people who turn up at A&E with a lightbulb up their bottom that they "fell on"...

MagNacarta Mon 29-Jun-09 22:06:51

sorry, no ideas but had to grin.

MatNanPlus Mon 29-Jun-09 22:08:37

try a g-string for a bit and a blister plaster, they go on and stay on for several days (even on my sweaty feet)

Yurtgirl Mon 29-Jun-09 22:10:57

My suggestion re knicker elastic.....

Find some old pairs and cut the elastic off the edge of the fabric where it is rubbing - a couple of inches perhaps - then you will just have the fabric against your leg/burn

That should help

violentviolet Mon 29-Jun-09 22:16:07

Matnanplus, a blister plaster might be a good idea. Ditto the gstring or adapted pants. I may go and ask careful questions of the chemist tomorrow.

But I'm not showing them my singed minge! blush

princessmel Tue 30-Jun-09 09:57:27

Why were you squatting by the bed?

Had you dropped something important...?

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now