Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone here had cancer?

(3 Posts)
Pennies Sun 15-May-05 20:28:17

Hi there,

I had a malignant melanoma (skin cancer) removed this year and although i've been told time and time again that I'm OK I live in perpetual fear of it having spread or it coming back or me getting another one.

Similarly I'm so scared about getting another type of cancer now that it is really starting to ruin my life. My DD is only 8 months old and I'm already expecting no. 2 in December but I'm so scared that I won't see them grow up.

Has anyone had a personal experience of cancer and if so how do you cope with all the fear and negativity it generates?

sykes Sun 15-May-05 20:30:40

Not me, but my sister had breast cancer and had a double mastectomy - scuse spelling - she's v positive. My minlaw has leaukeamia - again scuse spelling - and is coping very well. So sorry for you, hope you get some more feedbac.k

suedonim Sun 15-May-05 21:48:23

Again, not me, but my sister has had melanoma. She first had a bad mole removed about 15yrs ago. After that she had to have lymph nodes removed. She didn't need chemo but they put her on tamoxifen. I'm not sure why exactly - it was an experimental treatment, I believe. The mole was on her arm and the arm/shoulder nodes were involved. Since then she's been perfectly well and of course the treatments have improved so much since then.

Have you contacted any of the cancer charities? There are some Mumsnetters who've had cancer themselves who may see this thread and be able to offer you support.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now