Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

FGS, there is a worm at the bottom of my (lady) garden and his name is wiggly woo: days til EDD and I have worms - problem?

(14 Posts)
hobbgoblin Mon 29-Jun-09 09:14:23

Not sure if I can take Ovex - I have stocks in the cupboard - and also whether it is risky for baby if she arrives in next day while I still have them.

I am also phobic of caterpillars and worms are not disimilar so am VERY anxious and stressed and am walking strangely to try and stop them escaping.

hobbgoblin Mon 29-Jun-09 09:45:38

Anyone know, whilst I wait for GP call?

I want to rush out and buy something NOW!

theDreadPirateRoberts Mon 29-Jun-09 09:46:56

I know nothing, but will offer sympathy and a bump...

kormachameleon Mon 29-Jun-09 09:47:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hobbgoblin Mon 29-Jun-09 09:52:21

Thanks. There is no way I can let them hang out in my back passage for the 6 week life cycle.

littleducks Mon 29-Jun-09 09:56:19

Poor you

I admire you sense of humour in the thread title

If ovex is contraindacated perhaps your dr will know an alternative

trixymalixy Mon 29-Jun-09 10:02:35

Love the thread (worm) title.

the packet of pripsen i have says to consult doctor before taking if pregnant so that generally means you can take it while pregnant.

HTH

Elibean Mon 29-Jun-09 11:28:14

I took Pripsen (piperazine, not mebendazole - they do both) when pregnant with ok from OB I very much trust! I felt the same as you - and that was only on suspicion that dd had them, I had no evidence of any myself blush

Not risky at all for your baby, so don't worry about that. And if you feel embarrassed/worried, do tell the MW - she'll have seen it all before and make you feel better!

Good luck, hope they're gone before baby shows up so you can enjoy it all more smile

hobbgoblin Mon 29-Jun-09 16:52:00

Thank you for that info.

GP has now agreed prescription for DC but not me. He said I had to wait until after delivery at least and even then I should aim to eliminate the problem without the drugs. I wanted to stick worms up his nostrils for saying that, but he's probably right.

I am not enjoying toilet visits at all, and with the head of my baby 3/5 engaged there are a lot of them.

Am expecting to find the feckers crawling up my fanjo.

Eughhhhh.

notevenamousie Mon 29-Jun-09 16:54:01

You can take it
Remember to takt the two week dose though in the sleep-deprived haze

notevenamousie Mon 29-Jun-09 16:54:33

Ring your maternity unit. I assure you they will say take it.

MaryBS Mon 29-Jun-09 16:56:16

I just want to tell you that I had worms in late pregnancy, and the Dr told me to wait until after I'd delivered. I wish I hadn't listened.

My consultant told me after I'd given birth it would have been better to treat before I gave birth. As it was, I had to be given a separate loo in hospital, with a "keep out" sign, to keep the other mothers out, and with the pripsen you can't breastfeed, so I had to wait until breastfeeding was established, express enough to feed while the pripsen is in my system, and then to express and throw away the breast milk after I had taken the pripsen.

hobbgoblin Mon 29-Jun-09 17:04:37

Oh, so I should have stuck worms up his nostrils then. He must be a sadist.

MaryBS Mon 29-Jun-09 17:21:33

Sounds like it - just don't want you going through what I went through, pregnancy and post-pregnancy hormones are bad enough as it is, without sadistic Drs!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now