Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any Doctors out there???

(9 Posts)
MuppetsMuggle Sun 28-Jun-09 20:32:29

I have had severe back issues for a good few years. anyway I had an MRI scan a few months ago and the results came through yesterday which as the consultant suspected I have 2 lower bulging discs but also shows alot of early wear and tear i'm only 26 what does that mean? My GP suspects as my blood tests show my inflammatory markers are up that I have an inflammatory arthritis mainly rheumatoid arthritis. Is that what the wear and tear is?

Says I have to see a spinal physio and have spinal injections.

Thanks

MuppetsMuggle Sun 28-Jun-09 20:55:53

bump

MuppetsMuggle Mon 29-Jun-09 10:06:50

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 29-Jun-09 10:08:25

Have you been referred to a rheumatologist? because if it is RA they can do a lot to slow it down in its early stages.

MuppetsMuggle Mon 29-Jun-09 10:15:39

yeah been referred to rheumatologist it was that doc who ordered the MRI and has said I need to see a spinal physio and go for spinal injections and am waiting on blood works back for everything else at the moment as my inflammatory markers are up.
Just it clearly expresses in the letter very early wear & tear, even my GP didn't expect that much at my age iykwim. So just want to know what to expect or something iykwim.

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 29-Jun-09 10:32:45

Well, it is really good that they are really looking into it properly

MuppetsMuggle Mon 29-Jun-09 11:10:02

yes it is really

guess never really thought my spine would be showing so much wear & tear at my age, and what that might mean for me in the future.

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 29-Jun-09 11:54:25

It must be a bit of a shock for you at the moment. It might be worth making an appt with your gp just to chat over the diagnosis. They may be able to put you in contact with a local group.

MuppetsMuggle Mon 29-Jun-09 12:19:29

I will have to make an appointment I think yes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now