Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Eeny Meeny Shiney Mo - Join With Us - We're 'Pounds 2 Go!' ...

(996 Posts)
RumourOfAHurricane Sun 28-Jun-09 11:29:39

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 28-Jun-09 11:31:48

Message withdrawn

TrillianAstrahasaJOB Sun 28-Jun-09 11:36:25

Following on from here...

Sycamoretreeisvile Sun 28-Jun-09 12:57:47

Are we up and running here yet?

Oh, well, I am grin

Well ladies, I near passed out running the race for life given it was about 100 degrees in the shade in Richmond today. However, I did run the lot 35 mins which is a wee bit faster than I'd been training so, go me!

Did not cry at all on the way round. Got it all out of my system when we parked and I saw a no more than 11 year old girl with her mum running for their dad who died this year sad

I though, gosh, at least I am running with a pic of me, dad, mum and sis at my wedding on my back...it really humbled me and we had no tissues and I had to use (this is actually quite funny) the old beer mat that DH keeps in his car to wipe the windows....the car used to be dads...so did the cloth.

Welcome to the newcomers on the other thread. Well done to Bella for her 3lbs loss - MAJOR RING A DING DING to you my lovely!

I'm going to shower and have a little lie down before I go off for my pampering.

Loving you all. xoxo Zola Budd

TrillianAstrahasaJOB Sun 28-Jun-09 13:05:57

Well done Syc! I am very in awe of people who actually mnage to run any distance at all, especially if you're <searches for suitable phrase> not necessarily built like a natural runner.

<was that good enough? I mean to say it makes you especially awesome>

mistlethrush Sun 28-Jun-09 13:19:24

Sycamore - well done! Fantastic - and great speed too.

Trillian - do I gather you have a NEW JOB then? grin

I tried the dress on that I bought 2 weeks ago (and it was too tight) and it now fits quite well grin. I'll just have to hope that I don't get too thin for it by the time of the wedding, but if I do I'm not going to complain smile

bellavita Sun 28-Jun-09 13:22:04

Thanks Syc. But a BIG WELL DONE TO YOU for running the race.

Shiney - have you managed to press the right bits yet..

jetcat32 Sun 28-Jun-09 13:24:12

can i join????

i am too embarrassed to admit say my bmi - but it is way too high! I have PCOS, hypothroidism and anxity/depression, so stuggle with my weight, and also struggle with attending classes etc.

I have known for a long time i need to lose some serious weight, but i think this weekend has really gave me a wake up call - GP thought i had dvt in leg, caused by my weight blush

I am really keen to try and lose the weight without meds, but will resort to them if nec grin

It would be great to be able to give and receive support on here smile

harleyd Sun 28-Jun-09 13:28:12

omg have you lot got thru another thread! i dont have time to keep up with you grin

syc well done on the run...thats a fab time
bella well done on the weight loss
everyone else...i havent got a clue how you are all doing, i'll try and catch up

bellavita Sun 28-Jun-09 13:30:18

Oh forgot to say, my purchases turned up yesterday from The White Stuff...

the dress is just gorgeous and fits a treat. The skirt is beautiful, but sadly, does me no favours whatsoever and I will be sending that back.

bellavita Sun 28-Jun-09 13:32:21

<<waves to harley and jetcat>>

jetcat32 Sun 28-Jun-09 13:34:29

thanks bella <<waves back>>

never done one of these threads before, so you will have to keep me in check grin

bellavita Sun 28-Jun-09 13:38:29

You will be just fine....

BitOfFun Sun 28-Jun-09 13:39:14

Hi everyone! Love the thread title...

Drank a vat last night but will be good for the rest of the week. Amazing time Sycamore! I'm well impressed!

Hi jetcat, nice to meet you smile

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 28-Jun-09 14:05:54

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 28-Jun-09 14:06:51

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 28-Jun-09 14:18:40

Message withdrawn

bellavita Sun 28-Jun-09 14:19:27

Shiney - have you managed to change the settings yet on your new "touch"?

DesperateHousewifeToo Sun 28-Jun-09 14:45:00

I knew I'd find out how you did on here, Syc. Well done!

Brought a tear to my eye reading about the little girl and mum running for her dadsad.

I bet your dad was watching you from above and is very proud of what you have achieved.

Have a good pampering. See you tomo (if I can drag myself out of the house in this heat!).

xx

Ponymum Sun 28-Jun-09 15:14:06

flamingo - I know exactly what you mean about FF only doing pounds not kg - isn't it frustrating? (But I also log my exact kg weight loss in a separate spreadsheet on my laptop as I'm a nerdy spreadsheet freak.)

sycamore - brilliant on the run! I am full of admiration.

Today I tried on a dress that I bought as a slimming incentive BEFORE I even got pregnant and stacked on the weight. I can get into it now! smile Although it is a little tight around the 'caboose' for public viewing. DH loves the dress and wants me to wear it for a special night out in 10 days time. He thinks I have been doing so well with the weight loss that 10 days is plenty of time to get skinny enough to wear it in public. I hope so... but I suspect I'll just end up wearing those horrendous magic knickers. And therefore being unable to eat anything at the restaurant. sad Which may be a good thing I suppose.

FairMidden Sun 28-Jun-09 15:15:25

Well done Syc, your dad would surely be hugely proud of you

This weeken'd been a disaster and the scales tell me I've gained 2lbs in 3 days shock

Roast veg for dinner.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 28-Jun-09 15:56:03

Hello!!

I have been good today after my badness last night. grin

Good breakfast - bacon, egg and beans. No bread.

Lunch - lettuce, celery, tomatoes, anchovies, mozzerella, pine nuts and sundried tomatoes.

Dinner - don't know yet.

Have been busy all day doing cleaning and washing so hopefully some calories used up and fat dissolved.

TrillianAstrahasaJOB Sun 28-Jun-09 17:24:40

Mmm, I love mozzarella and sundried tomatoes are lovely Fab.

Hoovered, done some washing, baked some cake (practising a new recipe - I halved the quantities and still it made loads of little cakes so I'll take smoe into work to offload them.

Haven't eaten much today, slightly headachey and not really feeling like anything. Lots of tea and some cheese/crackers.

BalloonSlayer Sun 28-Jun-09 17:40:47

Hi everyone and welcome jetcat.

I have been out at the seaside today and I decided to treat myself to an ice cream, but when I got to the kiosk I decided they didn't look nice enough to waste the calories on so didn't bother. Yay to me!

Homemade (-ish) vegetable lasagne - with real vegetables ! - for tea. With wine and probably bread but I will try not to have too much.

I have been very teary and miserable these last few days. I cried my eyes out this morning as it all seemed too hard and too much pressure ( "it all" = getting ready for a day out at the seaside hmm )

Anyone feel like kicking me up the arse? I think I need it.

I wonder if I am getting more menopausy (am nearly 45) or whether the diet is dragging me down.

Anyway here is my arse ( ! )
please give it a kick.

Aythankyew!

BalloonSlayer Sun 28-Jun-09 17:42:02

Sorry forgot to say hat off to Sycamore for doing the run!

Well done yooooooooou!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now