Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I think i've got some warts on my finger.......what to do and can my baby catch them??? Help!!!

(8 Posts)
LoveBeingAMummy Sat 27-Jun-09 16:43:59

Have noticed some spots clustered on my finger and I certain its warts, I have no idea how i have got them but as now concernered I could pass them onto my baby. What can I do to get rid if them and should I keep them covered with a plaster or something in the mean time??

Thanks and think I might name change to WitchWhoLovesbeingAMummy!!!!!

snala Sat 27-Jun-09 23:35:12

No. You cant pass them on,you can buy stuff over the counter or get them burnt off at docs.(or used to be able to) I had some years ago and they had just vanished one morning.

lowrib Sun 28-Jun-09 00:22:24

Sorry but is that right snala? I thought you could pass them on.

I;d advise calling NHS24, it's what they're there for.

plonker Sun 28-Jun-09 00:32:15

My dd (6yo) had a wart on her finger. We were given some Salactol to try and it worked a treat!

It said it could take up to 12 weeks to go and it was gone after 4 applications.

I too thought you can pass them on, but I'm certainly no medical expert.

Hope you get them cleared up

snala Sun 28-Jun-09 00:33:50

Sorry was wrong! just looked it up. they can be contagious but are harmless.Several different types too.I agree with lowrib phone them or see g.p.blush

giraffescantdancethetango Sun 28-Jun-09 01:05:35

is it definetly not this?

kittycatty Sun 28-Jun-09 16:47:43

OMG giraffe i have that on one of my fingers! Didnt realise it had a name!

LoveBeingAMummy Mon 29-Jun-09 20:28:00

Thanks everyone

Giraffe no its not that.

Will speak to the doc tomorrow and hopefully get them cleared up, not bothered about me just don't want to pass on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now