Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Are there any magic teeth whitening solutions for an important interview?

(7 Posts)
Nighbynight Sat 27-Jun-09 12:48:07

Someone I know has an important interview (not job), and she is worried about her front teeth, which are badly discoloured.
I havent seen them myself. The dentist says it is decay, and the only solution is to pull them all out and make a plate of false teeth (around 4 upper front teeth, I gather).

I am not sure how easy it is for her to get a second opinion, as she comes from a part of the world that isnt too stable at the moment. It sounds very strange to me that the front teeth should be decayed before the back teeth?

Does anyone know of any temporary solutions to this problem, something that she could use just for her interview, to give herself confidence?

mrsmerryweather Sat 27-Jun-09 16:46:20

Pearl Drops do a paint on whitener.

mrsmerryweather Sat 27-Jun-09 16:47:52

p.s.

has the dentist not suggested crown or veneers?
More expensive but much prettier- is this NHS? Can she afford to go privately?

If she drinks a lot of sugary drinks, or tea etc with sugar, then the front teeth could decay.

MegSophandEmma Sat 27-Jun-09 16:48:42

Best whitners are crest white strips. They work from the first day you use them, but you notice alot more after 3 days. If you youtube 'classic crestwhite strips' you will see normal people reviewing them. They work a treat but they need topping up a fair bit.

Nighbynight Sat 27-Jun-09 20:29:14

Thank you so much for the replies, they are really helpful.
I think pearl drops are the way to go, as it's decay not staining, and def a second opinion about the treatment. Have just looked them up, and they are available from Boots.

MaggieBeau Sun 28-Jun-09 11:55:54

no solutions, but i feel her pain, i wsa quoted 2k for a gum graft as apparently my lower teeth are mobile and could fall out in ten years. I'm just paralysed. Can't go ahead with a 2k gum graft when I can't believe my teeth will fall out, they're not exactly gorgeous teeth, maybe i should just get lovely dentures at 50.... it's a tough one.

Nighbynight Mon 29-Jun-09 18:16:46

I paid several thousand euros for an implant last year. I spent some months with a front tooth missing, because the first dentist messed everything up, and it was awful. I felt old and unattractive. So if you're sure that you do need the treatment, I'd pay to keep the teeth.
Its not easy though is it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now