Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

OH NO I AM SICK! And i am going to see Bruce Springsteen this weekend!

(27 Posts)
PavlovtheForgetfulCat Fri 26-Jun-09 19:15:02

I am 19 wks pregnant, and although I have been sick for most of the pregnancy I have been well for 2 weeks and felt good and been really looking forward to going at the weekend to see the Boss.

Then yesterday I got a sore throat, and then a headache, and then an earache, and swollen glands, and I have been doing some kind of 'spitup' sick which is acidy.

You have to send me lots of positive vibes that I will be ok by Sunday Morning, as we have a very very early morning and a very very late night. I can only take paracetamol sad

Also any tips on how to get over whatever this is please let me know.

I am worried as I thought it was just a minor cold, but today I feel worse than yesterday, and even if I don't get worse than this, and it is just a cold, I am very worried I won't have the energy to throw my smalls at him grin

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Fri 26-Jun-09 19:30:26

And I feel tight chested, almost like tight chested that feels like I am going to be sick...does that make sense? Please at least tell me it won't get worse?

HEEYAALP <penelope Pitstop style>

notyummy Fri 26-Jun-09 19:38:49

Oh no! I love Bruce, so this would be gutting if I were in your shoes. Manuka honey perhaps? Can you take vit c when pregnant? LOts of sleep. Gargle for the throat with something pretty hardcore (TCP perhaps) to attempt to kill germs. Lots of fluids.

corblimeymadam Fri 26-Jun-09 19:40:48

Message withdrawn

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Fri 26-Jun-09 19:48:22

BB - never heard of those grin I might take a look if they will help me get to the concert without being dragged along!

I do seem to be moaning a lot eh? I have had 2 weeks of feeling quite happy, no sickness at all and was just waiting for it to return, I had been worrying about this concert and if I would be well enough in the vomitting stakes, and it appears so, so typical I now have a cold! I am sure it is just a cold, but i forget how crap they can be.

I will take some additional vit c, am sure that is fine in pg, along with my iron for energy. For some reason, this bug has messed my sleep up and it is fitful and not restful at all, but I will go to bed as soon as DD settles. I blew out a friends bbq this evening for that very reason.

And, to top it off, we have a babysitter for 2 nights and for the first time in god knows how long, DH and I are going out on our own shock but not if I feel unwell, i might have to sleep - Bruce will win if I have to choose grin

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Fri 26-Jun-09 19:48:58

BB - LOL at your pelvic floor too! When is the Take That concert?

jetcat32 Fri 26-Jun-09 20:04:58

sending get well vibes here - from another Springsteen fan! grin

It is my life's ambition to see him and the E Street Band play live - i have been a fan for over 20 years and havent managed it yet - but i will one day!!!!

I really hope you are well enough, and he is fab!

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Fri 26-Jun-09 20:14:40

jetcat - me too, I heart him loads and have always wanted to see him. This year, DH got me tickets for my birthday - he is at Hyde Park along with some other bands, so festival atmosphere rather than arena, so even better outside and it is a smaller festival so I stand a better chance of seeing him from afar as I can't go right to the front atm ! I might have to blow DH and his dinner out on saturday too if they have him live at Glastonbury...grin

corblimeymadam Fri 26-Jun-09 20:21:01

Message withdrawn

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Fri 26-Jun-09 20:41:33

Take That is not really my cup of tea. Bruce is a little out of the way in terms of my normal music taste, but I just find him so <goes gooey at the knees>

I am normally a Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, Kings of Leon type of gal grin

(i really really heart Dave Grohl) <fans herself, wonders when pg erotic hormones will calm down> grin

corblimeymadam Fri 26-Jun-09 20:47:21

Message withdrawn

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Fri 26-Jun-09 20:51:45

(I have had some incredible dreams blush, shame I have been too ill to feel it much in RL grin)

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 26-Jun-09 21:08:29

Pavlov

As someone who is herself going to Hyde Park to see Bruce this weekend I sincerely wish you'll be well enough to attend.

BTW the show is supposed to finish at 10.15pm.

Sending you healthy vibes from a fellow Bruce fan!!

Attila

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Fri 26-Jun-09 21:11:25

Attilla - are you very very excited ? We are driving down from Plymouth.

notyummy Fri 26-Jun-09 22:18:59

I have seen hime twice and he is AWESOME!!!! Hopefully you be well enough to attend. The man is a legend; most music I listen to is 'younger' then Bruce, but he is a true showman and a great songwriter.

Fingers crossed for you.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Fri 26-Jun-09 22:33:25

notyummy - oh i am so glad you told me that. I am getting very excited. I just wish I could be further near the front.

<sigh> <swoon> <sigh>

2shoes Fri 26-Jun-09 22:34:18

oh you poor thing

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Fri 26-Jun-09 22:37:00

I half drunk much of a 1.5ltr bottle of water. I will flush this out. I will be able to shout along to many songs before i lose my voice. I will be able to last the duration.

I am going to go to bed and think about my little red army of blood cells marching with swords and in proper unison, cutting down the nasty green bugs they come across.

notyummy Sat 27-Jun-09 09:51:10

Hope you are feeling better today.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sat 27-Jun-09 09:55:12

I do feel better actually thank you for checking!

I have no voice, and a bunged up nose, sneezing, but that horrid dry feeling has almost gone. And I can contain it mostly with paracetamol which I could not do yesterday.

I slept on the sofa (sofabed) as DH went out last night and he was snoring when he finally came to bed and went to sleep. I decided me and my date with Bruce would mean a decent nights sleep so I was in the front room!

notyummy Sat 27-Jun-09 10:09:56

Good news! Hope it continues and you and Bruce have a great time tomorrow together grin

I will just have to content myself with watching him on the BBC at Glastonbury....

jetcat32 Sat 27-Jun-09 10:24:20

me too notyummy! Will be thinking of you Pavlov - Hope you and Attila have a fab time!<not jealous at all emoticon>

Momino Sat 27-Jun-09 11:16:28

grew up in the USA listening to bruce. love him so am very, very envy. I'll try to catch him on tv coverage. better than nothing.

hope you feel much better by the time he's on!

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 27-Jun-09 11:40:31

Pavlov

Am glad you're feeling better today. In answer to your question am v excited too!!.

Am glad to read that you're feeling a bit better today. Bruce and Co always put on a great show and I have been lucky enough to see this band more than once too.

Hoep the travelling from Plymouth is not too tiresome for you.

Enjoy the show!!!

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sat 27-Jun-09 17:41:12

Atilla - it won't be tiresome for me, DH is driving! I shall snooze keep him entertained with renditions of Born to Run or some such.

He said when I was singing in the shower with a croaky voice 'i hope your voice comes back' and I said 'no you don't, its not bad because I have no voice, it will still be bad, but louder tomorrow' grin

My DH was in fact Born in the USA, so he is hoping he sings it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now