We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone else been invited to BIOBANK?

(4 Posts)
ellceeell Fri 26-Jun-09 16:33:54

It seems they want to ask lots of questions about the nation's health and take blood and urine samples. It takes about 90 minutes. Is this just another database I should avoid being on? Me and dh have both had letters about it.

Bonneville Fri 26-Jun-09 16:53:10

Dh went once (we were both invited but I didnt go) and hes not interested in following it up anymore. Cant remember why.

ellceeell Fri 26-Jun-09 16:58:04

I've seen big adverts for it on the buses - perhaps they are working their way around the country?

smee Sat 27-Jun-09 14:35:03

I did it, so did DH. It's a research project, so they're getting same data off thousands of people. I think from memory they're largely interested in correlating illnesses against environment, so seeing how where you live affects you. I did it as a free health check, as they tell you afterwards if any of your results are worrying. Quite fun and interesting to do - they take blood, BP, BMI, lung capacity, bone density. Also a computer quiz about your diet and also some computerised tests on reaction times, etc. If you've got the time, why not? Results may help our kids somehow in the future and you get to know if you've got high blood pressure or not smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now