Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bitter taste in my mouth- help please

(7 Posts)
dizzymac Thu 25-Jun-09 21:59:47

I have a really bitter taste in my mouth.
I've googled and come up with some possibilities

Pregnancy: possible BUT i did a test but my period isn't due until the 7th of Julyish so negative could just be too early to test.
the other is pine nuts. Other people have found they caused this and I did have some for tea yesterday.

Does anyone else have any other ideas.

I have health anxiety problems and its beginning to stress me now.

Winetimeisfinetime Thu 25-Jun-09 22:07:59

Did it start after you ate the pine nuts ?

If so I think that is most likely to be the cause. I haven't had a problem with it myself but have seen articles where people have had a bitter taste after eating them for up to 2 weeks. There was a thread on mn about it too not long back.

Try not to stress as it is really likely to be pine nuts - in fact as soon as I saw your thread title I thought of pine nuts possibly being the cause. It will be a nuisance for a while but will settle down.

dizzymac Thu 25-Jun-09 22:08:00

Please smile

dizzymac Thu 25-Jun-09 22:08:34

Thank you smile smile

Winetimeisfinetime Thu 25-Jun-09 22:28:39

Just had a quick look and there is lots of stuff about pine nuts and a bitter taste - e.g pinchmysalt.com/2009/05/02/pine-nuts-left-a-bitter-taste-in-my-mouth/

Try not to worry - easy to say I know when you have health anxiety { I have had it in the past but am now better than I was so do understand }.

If it is really stressing you then how about making a Drs appt for 2 weeks time by which time the bitter taste should have gone but if it hasn't you can go and get checked out. I used to sometimes do this when I was worried and it helped me as I felt I was doing something, not just stressing and I often ended up cancelling the appt as whatever it was had disappeared in the 2 weeks or I had realised it wasn't serious.

xx

NorbertDentressangle Thu 25-Jun-09 22:34:20

I started a Pine Nuts/Bitter Taste thread a while ago

The bitter taste was very annoying but it did go. Only problem being that I've avoided eating them ever since which is a shame as I used to add them to a few pasta dishes I make.

dizzymac Fri 26-Jun-09 19:18:37

Thank you. I seem to be one of the lucky ones. It is lots better today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now