Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

If I ignore sharp pain in side of foot will it go away?

(10 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 24-Jun-09 18:40:33

I'm obviously hoping the answer will be 'yes'!

I went for a looong walk on Monday. Yesterday after about half an hour of being up I started getting a sharp pain on the outside of my foot, just under my ankle bone. I thought its probably just an inflamed tendon but today its worse.

Sometimes I can walk almost normally, but other times the pain is really sharp and almost unwalkable on. Its a bit better without shoes. this evening it is noticably red and swollen where it hurts.

So, if I just ice it and try and rest (given I don't drive, so have to walk everywhere and am stupidly busy) will it settle on its own?

thanks

differentID Wed 24-Jun-09 18:45:03

<gives Kitten the look>

obviously hoping for a particular answer means you know that you won't get it.

Do you remember turnong the foot/ it banging against anything?

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 24-Jun-09 18:47:44

please dont give me the look!

I didn't turn it but it was an (ahem) 22 mile walk so it wouldnt be surprising if its just an inflamed tendon. I'm just a bit surprised that its getting worse....

differentID Wed 24-Jun-09 18:50:09

Ice it, rest it and ibuprofen gel it!

then rest it soem more.

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 24-Jun-09 18:55:30

ok will do very best. resting challenging but there we go, at least i'm not a tour guide or a ermmm traffic warden!

differentID Wed 24-Jun-09 18:57:01

or even a shopworker!
I'm using Ibuprofen gel myself atm- have Achilles Tendinitis. So sympathy- foot pain is a bitchgrin

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 24-Jun-09 19:02:23

true. Am glad I'm not a shop worker too. Or a surgeon.

Ouch at achilles tendinitis. Are you doing the old stretching on a step thingy?

differentID Wed 24-Jun-09 19:12:18

yep. Poor doctor nearly had my foot in his face yesterday when he gripped the inflammtion.

AS he said "if looks could kill!"

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 24-Jun-09 19:55:42

Hope it improves soon!

differentID Wed 24-Jun-09 20:03:50

yours too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now