Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ok can anyone shed any light on my incredible vibrating fanjo!!?

(18 Posts)
bigmouthstrikesagain Wed 24-Jun-09 18:36:58

This is somewhat personal and embarassing, sorry, but the sensation is freaking me out now it has been going on for hours!blush

It feels like my phone on vibrate but it is in my pelvic bone every few seconds and it is not in any way pleasurable. More like a twitching eyelid iykwim?

Is this a common sensation? I think I have felt it before but never this sustained (all afternoon). Is there anything I can do?

Please don't tell me I am the only one to have experienced this.

HeadFairy Wed 24-Jun-09 18:39:33

I've had exactly the same for a few years now. I did post a very similar thread on here a while back and got lots of responses. It's quite common apparently. Someone suggested it might be blood in your pelvis, a bit like when you can start to feel a baby move in the early days, it feels a bit bubbly and vibraty. There have been times I've actually patted all my pockets looking for my phone, only for it to not be there!

notevenamousie Wed 24-Jun-09 18:40:49

Are there any lumps or swellings there?

bigmouthstrikesagain Wed 24-Jun-09 18:46:38

Thank you yes that is how I noticed it I thought my phone must be ringing but it wasn't in my pocket - so strange. hmm

no mousie no new lumps or bumps (obv childbirth has taken it's toll on the area).

Fairy have you sought any treatment?

Have to get kids bathed and to bed now will be back later. Thank you in advance for any advice/ info.

So glad it is a common phenomenon hope it doesn't signify a problem.

HeadFairy Wed 24-Jun-09 18:51:45

I haven't followed it up, and since then I've had a normal smear and got pregnant, so I assume that means everything is functioning normally down there. It only appeared after I had ds, though I had a cs, so no damage caused by birth. I think it probably is just blood flowing through the area as it's more pronounced now I'm pg.

weegiemum Wed 24-Jun-09 18:54:24

Wow! I wish I had an incredible vibrating fanjo!!!

HeadFairy Wed 24-Jun-09 19:53:22

Be careful what you wish for, you'll forever be patting your pockets looking for a ringing phone

cornsilk Wed 24-Jun-09 19:55:47

Does it make a noise?

bigmouthstrikesagain Wed 24-Jun-09 20:01:08

Ok headfairy congrats on pg - smile but I really hope that is not what is going on for me as I am done now with 3 ... [slightly worried emoticon]

Weejie - you really don't want this it is irritating and a bit worrying and not something you want to share with the mums at the school gates! grin and no it is a silent buzz cornsilk.

bigmouthstrikesagain Wed 24-Jun-09 20:02:09

sorry weegie not weejie

HeadFairy Wed 24-Jun-09 20:21:43

Bigmouth, don't worry, I had it before I was pg too. It definitely appeared after I'd had ds though, so perhaps having babies does something to the blood supply in the area!

Octothechildherder Wed 24-Jun-09 20:24:04

I concur with HeadFairy - weird but pleasurable experience - enjoy! wink

HeadFairy Wed 24-Jun-09 20:25:03

ok so now I'm envy I don't get much pleasure from my vibrating pelvis, only confusion when I can't find my phone

mrsmerryweather Wed 24-Jun-09 20:27:22

It's just circulation I think, or nerves tingling- don't worry. worry when your fanjo can't feel anything.

notevenamousie Thu 25-Jun-09 10:40:13

I try and keep quiet what I do... but suffice it to say I have never seen this and I have seen a fair bit...

alibubbles Thu 25-Jun-09 10:50:04

I have had it too, it is hormonal apparently, more so when you are heading towards the menopause,40 onwards!

bigmouthstrikesagain Thu 25-Jun-09 13:30:50

Arrrrgh ali - hormones, menopause ...?? I am 35 please not yet with the HRT!!!! Still I have been having hot flushes, but I put that down to the weather. [bigmouth left pondering mortality]. grin

HeadFairy Thu 25-Jun-09 22:12:55

Don't worry bigmouth, I've had it for a good couple of years now and I'm pg so not totally dried up just yet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now