Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My DS (3) is going to have his tonsils/adenoids out 2 weeks after I have our baby by c-section. Although difficult I think this is manageable - is it??

(3 Posts)
ZakuroFujiwara Wed 24-Jun-09 16:14:37

As per the title really.

DS(3 in a weeks time) really does need the op asap as he has terrible sleep apnoea and we have just found out today that they can do it 2 weeks to the day that I have my c-section for baby number 2 (in 10 days time).

My husband would be able to take some time off work (he will stay in the hospital with DS during/after the op), we have a nanny 4 days a week and I can go and stay at my mums with the baby on the night of my sons op if I still need post c-section help with the newborn.

So, I think we should go ahead and get the surgery done but am I being ridiculous???? Am I totally under-estimating the effect this surgery will have on DS?

Ledodgy Wed 24-Jun-09 16:17:30

It will be fine. If your dh can stay with him after the op (usually only one night). Then normally for around 10 days-2 weeks post op they tell you to keep your son at home to prevent infection and so he can rest which will be do-able as well. The op is usually straight forward and recovery is normally quick. smile

ZakuroFujiwara Wed 24-Jun-09 16:20:27

Oh thank you Ledodgy - I just suddenly thought I might be being a bit head in the sand about the effect of it all! You've made me feel better already!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now