Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sort of sick head during periods - anyone else get it?

(7 Posts)
Dumbledoresgirl Wed 24-Jun-09 11:37:26

I now regularly get a sort of sick head during my period. I can't explain it properly. Sometimes there is an actual pain (for which I take painkillers) but more often, I just feel really really tired and my head feels muzzy and sick, maybe a little bit like if you get woken up suddenly in the night - sort of whoozy. I describe it to dh as feeling sick in my head, if it is possible to feel nauseous there!

I have been recording how I feel each month and this happens most months now although it has only been going on for maybe a couple of years. The feeling can last for 3 or 4 days to a greater or lesser degree and I am fed up with having so many days ruined each month.

I just wondered if anyone else had it and if so, what, if anything, do you find effective for dealing with it?

bargainhuntingbetty Wed 24-Jun-09 11:40:27

Yep I get/got that too. I eventually got fed up of all my symptoms that I got the coil fitted in Feb. Still having the headaches tho angry. I find that morrisons migraine releif and lots of diet coke normally gets me through. The migraine releif has something called Lysene in it which must work cause almost all the time I feel better for at least a couple of hours. Its horrible isnt it. Hope you get it sorrted.

Dumbledoresgirl Thu 25-Jun-09 10:10:22

Oh bargainhuntingbetty, thanks for replying. I was not feeling well enough to respond yesterday, in fact I am still feeling pretty rubbish today - slightly sore head, tired as tired can be, and still walking through treacle.

Well, the coil is out of the question and I don't like coke but I wonder if that is just the caffeine keeping you going? Am off to try some fresh air, oh and a visit to the dentist for a check up, lovely hmm

FlyMeToDunoon Thu 25-Jun-09 10:28:47

Periods can be associated with migraines. I started getting them around that time a few years ago. Catch the headache early with a painkiller and sleep helps if possible.

lostinthecitylover Thu 25-Jun-09 12:33:58

Yes I have this on various days - thoght it might be perimenopausal symptom - would liken it to brain fog.

Haven't found anything just gritting teeth, getting through and reassuring myself I am not going mad!!

bubblerock Thu 25-Jun-09 12:51:26

I get this too, Syndol is the only thing that helps.

Dumbledoresgirl Thu 25-Jun-09 14:23:48

I read about menstrual migraines. I am not sure that is what I have although I accept that when I say I have a sick feeling in my head, it must sound like I mean a migraine. Perhaps I am not too sure exactly what a migraine should entail. The pain bit is the least of it for me. Fog is a good way to describe it. I feel so dense, like everything is too much effort, it hurts even to move my eyes to look at things, and I want to sleep (or at least lie with my eyes shut) all the time. I have just had 90 mins of napping in bed and still feel no better and this is Day Three of this month!

I am about to google Syndol in the hope that this is my saviour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now