Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

good news! dd can walk like a normal 15 mth old now!

(19 Posts)
lilsmum Fri 13-May-05 22:18:26

dd seen the consultant on tues, (broadband been down so unable to get on MN)they did another x-ray and still couldnt see anything, so she is having a MRI as soon as appt comes avail, they have said about 3 weeks for the scan (will need a general) and then ANOTHER 3 weeks for results, they took her cast off and she has a horrendous blister and welt mark where the cast has rubbed continuously but CAN WEIGHT BEAR ON HER FOOT so is running around like a mad woman !! and to celebrate i have been shopping and bought her 2 pairs of news shoes lol

hunkermunker Fri 13-May-05 22:19:21

HOORAY!!!! Am SO pleased to hear it!

Obviously I mean the walking bit, not the rest

lilsmum Fri 13-May-05 22:24:12

HM, when we left the hospital i was nearly in tears, as she was still walking on her toes when there, we got home and still didnt put her foot flat, and i was thinking possibly 6 weeks before we know any more but when she started to weight bear and was walking properly i was sooo chuffed! i think we all take walking in toddlers for granted, and i sooo dont now, obviously i am still riled up by everything that has gone on, and still want to know what was the cause but i am just so glad she is running around again, and able to go in the bath (after not being allowed because of the cast)i am still waiting with bated breath for the reply to my complaint letter, and on tues they wound me up so much, they just pretty much sent us home with a baby unable to walk with no cast on, and pretty much left us to get on with it i am sure they dont think as patients as people!

Nemo1977 Fri 13-May-05 22:25:16

aww im glad she can bear weight..am sure she will have u run off your feet..lol

lilsmum Sat 14-May-05 23:20:40

bump for all the wonderful MN'ers who have genuinely cared throughout this whole saga

tiffini Sat 14-May-05 23:24:23

i ahve obviously missed all this. What was wrong with your DD

lilsmum Sat 14-May-05 23:30:51

tiffini... see the links on this thread, they explain all but very long!

10.35pm post by me

tiffini Sat 14-May-05 23:33:07

blimey, i will have a read.

AngelCakeUmm Sat 14-May-05 23:36:55

oh what great news lilsmum i am so pleased for you all, bet she will be running around for days now to make up for lost time, bless her

AngelCakeUmm Sat 14-May-05 23:37:56

lilsmum i must ask are you still on the Jan 06 thread with us?

lilsmum Sat 14-May-05 23:39:38

ACU, i not sure yet, i still havent had af but i am waiting till monday to test again, hopefully i will fingers crossed.

i have just replied to your thread, how you feeling now? xx

tiffini Sat 14-May-05 23:49:38

lilsmum totally shocking, i hope you finally get a diagnoses from the MRI scan.

Great that she is now walking

lilsmum Sat 14-May-05 23:50:59

tiffini, i am sooo impressed you have sat there reading all that very kind of you to do so though

tiffini Sat 14-May-05 23:51:52

your letter to the hospital was very impressive.

lilsmum Sat 14-May-05 23:54:20

aawww thanks...its my masterpiece lol, took me about 5 hrs to do it, very braindraining but very proud of it too, lets hope i get somewhere with it all. thanks for taking the time to read it. x

tiffini Sat 14-May-05 23:56:13

no worry's, i will keep a lookout for your posts for further news

bubble99 Sun 15-May-05 00:40:12

Great to hear she's got her dancing shoes on again You must be so relieved. Keep us posted on the results of the MRI scan. She'll definately need a GA as littlies can't stay still for long enough during the scan.

lilsmum Sun 15-May-05 21:38:10

thanks bubble i am very relieved, i had forgotten what it was like to see her running around. xx

biglips Sun 15-May-05 21:40:17

made up for you - i bet youre so proud of your DD

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now