Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

verruca sealant??

(9 Posts)
babyphat Tue 23-Jun-09 19:37:52

i have a revolting crop of verrucas that the doc freezes each year but he never does quite enough sessions to kill them off completely - i will try again this year...ho hum...

in the meantime, i'm sure i remember reading about something you can paint on them to stop them being passed on - did i imagine this? Can anyone help?

thrifty Tue 23-Jun-09 19:54:28

duct tape. works a treat,amke sure they're well sealed and change whenever the seal gets broken. they will starve of oxygen and die.

BCNS Tue 23-Jun-09 19:56:14

was just about to post duct tape.. the stuff is fab!

AnarchyAunt Tue 23-Jun-09 19:56:29

Oh I was going to post a similar question!

I have a horrid crop of them on one foot but duct tape is no good as they are in a line at the base of my toes iyswim? So the tape doesn't stay on, or cover them properly.

Was wondering if there is anything you can paint on that starves them of oxygen?

MrsMuddle Tue 23-Jun-09 20:45:36

Sorry to be dense, but what exactly is duct tape? I'm thinking of masking tape, but it probably won't stay on. And where does one buy duct tape - a stationery shop or is it a B&Q type tape? blush

AnarchyAunt Tue 23-Jun-09 20:49:41

Its the silver B&Q type tape.

lucykate Tue 23-Jun-09 20:55:55

dd has a small verruca, i tried duct tape but couldn't get it to stay on, am i doing it right, or does she just have very hot sweaty feet?!

lucykate Tue 23-Jun-09 20:57:12

babyphat - bazzuka says it acts as a sealant, i've been using it, particularly when dd goes for her swimming lesson, although i suspect that's where it came from in the first place.

babyphat Tue 23-Jun-09 21:44:00

thank you so much everyone, will try duct tape and bazuka for when duct tape would be too obvious!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now