Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any dentists on here ? have a tiny chip on tooth and its annoying me

(4 Posts)
bumpsoon Tue 23-Jun-09 16:49:38

Woke up this morning and at some point during the night i have managed to chip one of my big bottem teeth ever so slightly ,its very sharp and annoying me soooo much .I dont currently have a dentist ,its on my list to do come pay day grin. The question is can i file it myself ? it doesnt hurt at all OR how much do you think a private dentist would charge just to file it ? By the way im not a known tooth grinder ,so not entirely sure how ive managed to do this . Also my teeth are usually very good ,previous dentist happy to see my once a year .

discombobulate Tue 23-Jun-09 17:17:26

You may be able to file it with a course nail file just to make the edge less sharp but it would be better to see a dentist though. How much they will charge will completely depend where you go - it would probably be an emergency fee, however some places may just do it at the exam appointment if you book yourself in for an initial consultation.

MadreInglese Tue 23-Jun-09 17:22:11

You might be better off going to a dentist anyway as it may be indicative of a larger problem with that tooth, sounds odd for you to chip it in your sleep.

bumpsoon Tue 23-Jun-09 18:33:43

ok have filed it a bit and it feels much better ,but will still book to see dentist next week for an initial consultation as i want to join denplan ,pointless even trying for NHS where i live sad,i did ring the pct and they very lindly said i might get in to one 40miles awayshock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now