Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ouch! (Flip-Flop induced?) foot pain -anyone had this?

(8 Posts)
NorbertDentressangle Tue 23-Jun-09 11:52:17

I think I walked too far in my flip-flops yesterday and, although they are so comfortable to walk in, my foot was in agony last night and today.

They are good flip-flops (Reef ones) and not flimsy so didn't imagine it would be a problem but I guess its the lack of support for the arch maybe thats done it??

It hurts underneath the arch and heel. I'm sure I've read something about this on here before but can't remember what its called.

I always wear flat shoes, never heels if that makes a difference.

How long does it last? Is there anything I can do to help it get better quickly?

Thanks

bruffin Tue 23-Jun-09 14:37:07

Are you talking about planter fasciitis? Take nurofen to reduce the inflamation and apply ice pack for 10 mins twice a day.

I tend to get it if I wear flat shoes but I have a natural 1.5 inch heel.

IDidntRaiseAThief Tue 23-Jun-09 14:44:25

i put this thread up yesterday re finding fit flops helpful.

I developed it last year

NorbertDentressangle Tue 23-Jun-09 17:37:58

Thanks -yes I think thats what I'm suffering from. Thanks for the tips.

I always wear flat shoes so what do I do look for in my everyday footwear? Do I need to look for something with a definite shaped support in the arch of the foot?

PS -IDidntRaiseAThief -are you an Elbow fan by any chance?

IDidntRaiseAThief Wed 24-Jun-09 11:18:09

yes am an ooge Elbow fan!!!

nice one!!!

I think the thing is too look for footwear that is more supportive in the arch. I invested in some insoles to put in my winter Boots, they were £40, down to £20, i was very peed off!! I mean £20 on a pair of shoes is extravagant to me.

I regularly wear adidas trainers too, which feel supportive, but they are flat, the shell toe ones.

Just avoid flat flats iyswim. Last year I was wearing these ridiculous (in hindsight) ballet pump things, which was obv a strain on the bed of my foot.

I have hip.back probs so don't know how related this all is.

brokenspacebar Wed 24-Jun-09 11:21:10

me, just in one foot, very sore! and sore back too.

NorbertDentressangle Wed 24-Jun-09 16:19:50

Interesting that most people have additional problems (back, hip etc)

I had SPD during my last pregnancy (5yrs ago now but still aware of it IYSWIM) and a long-term knee problem thats playing up at the moment (same leg as the dodgy foot too) -can't help but wonder whether they're connected?

re:Elbow (band not joint smile) - we went to see them earlier this year and are going to see them in Manchester in Sept too. Absolutely fantastic band, the first band in a long time thats actually inspired me to go to a gig. I used to go to gigs all the time pre-DC but very very rare nowadays. Thats probably because we go OTT now though- stay in a hotel and get Grandparents to babysit etc so its a bit of an "event" rather than just an evening out

IDidntRaiseAThief Wed 24-Jun-09 19:10:19

NOrbesrt, I had SPd 7 years ago too, and it stil twinges.

funny that!

Ah Elbow, I saw them In March too, had all but forgotten about tthem since thier first album, and dd came along etc...

Have now gone out and bought the 2 albums i missed. PLus the live at Abbey Road dvd.

Me and dd love them lots. What a poet he is. Beautiful music.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now