Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Terrible stomach ache but not sure what it is.

(12 Posts)
FreewheelinFranklin Tue 23-Jun-09 10:41:34

Have had this since Sat. First thought it was upset stomach as went out for a Thai meal on Fri night, but no vomiting or loss of appetite and no real diahorrea (apart from Sat morning). The pain seems to be worse at night and woke me at 4.30am this morning, it's a consistent all over ache. I also thought it was period pains as due on but period hasn't started and I've been having funny hormonal (probably peri-menopausal) episodes as well.

Looking for advice on whether it is just an upset stomach or something more ? can't get to gp until tommorrow.

mrsdisorganised Tue 23-Jun-09 10:44:44

Don't know if this is relevent but my dc's have had stomach ache since Friday, one episode of upset tummy and sickness each, tummies still sore....maybe just a bug in their case but there are some strange bugs going around. Hope you feel better soon.

FreewheelinFranklin Tue 23-Jun-09 10:49:48

Hmmm thanks Mrsd. I am inclined towards an upset stomach but because no sickness and little diahorrea it seems a bit odd. Normally bodies are good at ejecting everything to aid recovery aren't they ?

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 23-Jun-09 10:51:31

Message withdrawn

slyandgobbo Tue 23-Jun-09 10:52:27

Is it upper right side? Grumbling gallstones are worse at night and sparked by eating a fatty meal.

FreewheelinFranklin Tue 23-Jun-09 10:52:58

Now where's that out of date Infacol <weak smile>. I've had a cuppa and some toast as was hungry but just feel like shit...

slyandgobbo Tue 23-Jun-09 10:53:00

Oops, should read better, I see it's all over...

FreewheelinFranklin Tue 23-Jun-09 10:54:10

Not upper right side, seems to be more on left tbh.

FreewheelinFranklin Tue 23-Jun-09 10:54:56

Well it is all over but when lying down seems to be more concenrtated on left...

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 23-Jun-09 11:02:43

Message withdrawn

FreewheelinFranklin Tue 23-Jun-09 11:11:41

ok

discombobulate Tue 23-Jun-09 17:22:43

Appendicitis would be on the right or middle spreading to the right, not the left. Could be ovulation pain or IBS?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now