Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I now and again get a swelling in my neck...

(2 Posts)
idobelieveinfairies Mon 22-Jun-09 19:27:42

...it is at the front of my neck in my throat..i don't notice when i am standing or sitting upright..just when i lay down..feels like a compressing feeling. I don't have it all the time, it comes and goes. Its not painful just a horrible feeling when i lie down. It started again last night whilst i was watching the telly..tis a bit annoying.

Anyone no what it might be??

Thanks

johnworf Mon 22-Jun-09 21:08:23

If it's at the front of your neck then it's likely to be your thyroid. I'm no doctor and it could be a number of things.

I had a swelling in my neck that came and went over months (it was the side of my neck). Asked GP to look at it and he took some blood for testing. He told me as he took the samples that it could be nothing or something, likely to be something. I worried and worried myself sick until I got the results back. Fortunately it was an infection and it went by itself.

I'd get an appointment and ask your GP just to have a look at least. Gives you a peace of mind smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now