Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Really quite annoyed

(3 Posts)
Bomper Mon 22-Jun-09 13:15:18

Carrying on from my earlier post about feeling thirsty all the time and weeing a lot, I have contacted my GP to try and get an appointment. Our surgery as a system whereby you can book an appointment online. I have just received a reply from them asking me to outline why I want to see the doctor before they will give me an appointment. Surely, it doesn't bloody matter why?!! Are they allowed to do this?

Iklboo Mon 22-Jun-09 13:17:14

It's possible they want to prioritise patients so the ones with more urgent symptoms are seen more promptly than someone with, say, a repeat prescription check-up or a holiday jab request

Portofino Mon 22-Jun-09 13:17:54

Maybe they are trying to work out whether you need to see the GP, or maybe practice nurse instead or something like that. I can see that it might make more efficient use of appointments. It is a bit off putting though....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now