Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sore breast and red patch

(3 Posts)
thesockmonsterofdoom Mon 22-Jun-09 08:00:54

I went out satuyrday nbight and when I woke up Sun morning my right breast wqas very tender, I didnt have a bra on though on sat night so I assigned it to that. I had to go bra shopping yestereday and I noticed a red patch, looks a bit klike an insect bite on right breast.
It is still tender and all night I have woken up everytime I have laid ion it, the red patch feels like a small lyump, very small.
Am trying no9t to be melodramatic, I start a job today after 6 years as a SAHM so can not go to the doctors. I dont really want it playing on my nmind all day.
I am wondering if someone may have knocked me on sat night, does that sound plausible, please tell me I have no need to panic about it.
Thanks

Elibean Mon 22-Jun-09 11:59:11

Poor you, just what you don't need when starting a new job - why is it always then we find lumps/bumps/discharge etc?!

Anyway...tbh, I'm afraid I would go to get it checked out if its still red/sore tonight. Very unlikely, but if the red patch feels hot to the touch, or gets a sort of orange-skin look to it, or the lump gets bigger, don't hang about - even a boring infected insect bite can get nasty, and althoug the odds are v v low of it being anything nastier, always worth playing safe.

I don't think being knocked would make a small red patch/lump, but an insect bite could - thing is, its only a doctor who can tell you.

Hope it disappears for you during the day, though! And good luck with the new job smile

thesockmonsterofdoom Tue 23-Jun-09 07:39:12

I think it must be an insect bite as it is going down. thanks for the reply. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now